Activation Date: 09 Jun, 2021 Announced Date: 09 Jun, 2021 Expire Date: 19 Jun, 2021
About GIZ Afghanistan | Main Office Mazar:
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ operates throughout Germany and in more than 120 countries worldwide. Our registered offices are in Bonn and Eschborn. We have more than 19,500 staff members around the globe, some 70% of whom are employed locally as national personnel.
With an international remit and a multicultural working atmosphere, we are successful because we share knowledge across disciplinary frontiers. Your professional and personal development is important to us. Whether it is the multifaceted day-to-day challenges or the considerable scope for applying creativity in your work – there are plenty of good reasons to join our motivated team.
Working under the direction of the IT-Manager/Head of ICT, the ICT Officer will support the employees in the timely resolution of reported issues and maintain a functional IT network.
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments, including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning, and implementing network security measures
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems
- Replacing faulty network hardware components when required
- Maintaining, configuring, and monitoring virus protection software and e-mail applications
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made
- Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems
- Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems
- Coordinating computer network access and use
- Designing, configuring, and testing networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software
B.Tasks in details:
- General IT support, dealing with hardware and software inquiries; working together with an extensive team of staff to deliver a professional high-quality service level to end-users
- First-line support for all desktop and laptop users
- Routine server maintenance and monitoring
- Support with Microsoft products such as Office 365/other versions
- Working together with the procurement unit to ensure IT-Equipment quality
- End-user and product support for printers and photocopiers
- OS Support – Microsoft Windows 10
- OS Server Support – Microsoft 2019
- Experience of SQL Server and Active Directory with a Hyper-V environment
- Provide one on one training when requested
- Maintaining managed switches
- Ensure network connectivity of end-users and troubleshooting of any network device issues
- Maintain and monitor backup jobs, log IT equipment issued to users
- Under the direction of Head of ICT/Head of Administration, provide IT and telecommunications support to project staff for various activities including (but not limited to): preparing and using presentation technologies; establishing, maintaining, and monitoring of electronic filing systems (DMS)
- Contribute to team effort by undertaking additional tasks and responsibilities as requested by the Head of ICT
- Ultimately, the ICT officer should be able to ensure the database systems run effectively and securely on a daily basis.
- creating ‘how-to’ guides for staff
- Creating IT documentations
- Bachelor degree in (Information Technology or Computer Science) or in any other related field
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience in a comparable position
- Experience working at GIZ is desirable
Other experiences and skills (e.g. language, IT-skills, social and personal skills, etc.):
- Excellent English skills, written and oral. Knowledge of Arabic and German is an asset
- Excellent organizational skills, socially sensitivity, networking ability
- Excellent working knowledge of ICT technologies (e.g. MS Office, phone, e-mail, other applications), reasonable administrative and presentation skills
- A fully confidential and trustful person, reliable handling data and information
- Highly service-oriented
- Accurate and attention to detail
- Ability to deliver high-quality work under pressure
You are kindly requested to fill in GIZ-Afghanistan’s job application form and send it along with your updated CV and letter of motivation with complete contact details to our HR recruitment unit through the online application process.
You can download the GIZ’s job application form from our jobs website (www.giz-jobs.com) or from the Job Applications section of ACBAR website (http://www.acbar.org/applicationform). We will not consider and review the applications without the job application form (for internal candidates, filling the form is optional).
Please do not send us your working certificates, educational certificates or any other additional documents while you are applying for the post. We will ask you for these documents if you are selected for the next steps of our recruitment.
Only those candidates will be invited for written test or interview who meets the qualifications and requirements for the mentioned job vacancy.
Priority will be given to the female applicants who meet the requirements of the position. Therefore, we would like to highly encourage females to apply for this vacancy announcement.
For more information about German Cooperation with Afghanistan and GIZ Afghanistan Projects, please visit our websites: