Activation Date: 03 Jun, 2021 Announced Date: 03 Jul, 2021 Expire Date: 18 Jun, 2021
About (MSH) Management Sciences for Health (AFIAT):
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB: The IT Officer shall assist the IT Department personnel and the MSH/AFIAT staff by performing tasks related to remote IT support to MSH/AFIAT province offices across Afghanistan, traveling to MSH/AFIAT offices in the provinces for network set-ups, internet connection installations and providing other desktop support to MSH/AFIAT province staff by traveling to the provinces and remotely assisting them via phone and other remote support tools.
Major Activities / Responsibilities:
Objective and Duties:
- Travel to MSH/AFIAT province offices to maintain overall Information Technology set-up
- Install, configure, and maintain personal computers network cabling, systems, disk drives, printers, and related equipment in MSH/AFIAT province offices.
- Support, train and advice users on SharePoint, Microsoft Team and Google Apps
- Ensure that all IT equipment in province offices is functional and ensures their proper and efficient use by training the concerned staff members.
- Develop system and procedures to ensure timely repair/maintenance of the IT equipment in the provinces offices.
- Monitoring proper power and environmental conditions for office technology equipment.
- Monitoring and managing the performance of all or part of the network and performing reconfiguration work as required.
- Assist operation team with the computer hardware inventory of the province offices.
- Assist procurement department in purchase of the IT and communication related equipment in the provinces.
- Respond to IT support requests, recording detailed diagnostic information. Work with the IT team in Kabul main office and support them with daily IT support request.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field with at least 4-6 years post degree experience.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- 4-6 years of relevant experience in information Technology field, Microsoft role-based certificate in SharePoint, or Microsoft Team or any other related Microsoft 365 role-based Certificate and industrial certificate CCNA or CCENT.
- Enough experience in managing SharePoint online and on premises.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Team platform
- Experience in Google Apps and Google workspace.
- Excellent knowledge in virtual platforms like Google Meet, Microsoft Team, WebEx, Zoom etc.
- Capable to install, troubleshoot, configure, and operate medium and large size networks.
- Ability to configure and implement Remote Access solutions
- Experience in Computer Hardware repairs and maintenance.
- Excellent working knowledge and experience in IT Desktop support
- Ability to identify and define IT related problems and solve them in a due manner.
- Flexibility and mobility, such as ability and willingness to travel across Afghanistan.
- Ability to work under pressure and manager multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Planning and scheduling skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills (Fluent in Pashto and/or Dari with strong spoken and written English skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with a culturally diverse staff, clients and consultants.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and ability to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Knowledge of computer (soft & hard).
Functional expert – has knowledge of processes and products.
Influencer – relates to people, builds relationships, and effectively presents arguments.
Results seeker – meets deadlines, identifies actions, and achieves goals.
Innovator – thinks creatively, anticipates changes, and produces solutions.
Adaptor – stays calm under pressure and handles criticism well.
Complier – follows procedures and encourages others to as well.
Interested candidates should go apply through the below link and submit an application form for positions they are suitably qualified for.
Please click the employment opportunities tab and select Afghanistan from the list of countries. A list of positions will appear, please select those you wish to apply for. Candidates who do not apply through the above-mentioned link will not be considered for the shortlist. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap.
Note: The deadline for applications is for two weeks. However, interviews of suitable candidates may begin as applications are received. Please apply early.