Activation Date: 03 Jun, 2021 Announced Date: 03 Mar, 2021 Expire Date: 06 Jun, 2021
About Danner Afghanistan for Women Empowerment :
DAWEO is a Local Organizations supporting Afghan Women though providing capacity building sessions. DAWEO was initially established as a local office of the Danish NGO Danner, who has worked with VAW survivors for more than 40 years through shelter activities and political policy work in Denmark. DAWEO’s overall mission is to support women and girls who are victims of war and other forms of violence, through providing services, capacity building initiatives, public awareness in psycho-social issues, spreading legal awareness and other services related to gender-based violence issues.
DAWEO under UNWOMEN Funded project establishing and operation women protection center in Bamyan Province. Under direct supervision of DAWEO provincial manager The Lawyer/Legal Counsellor is responsible to carry out all duties and responsibilities with direct supervision of WPC Supervisor. Ensure that all activities are in compliance with UNWOMEN and DAWEO regulation, policies and WPC objectives. Key responsibilities are as follows:
Main duties and assignments:
- Provide legal advice for cases and clients.
- Providing of Group, family and individual counseling sessions.
- Contact Defense Layer to prosecute cases of legal affairs.
- Manage meetings, mediation and counseling.
- Assisting clients in relation to the selection of defense layer.
- Follow-up and pursuit of legal cases in courts and other Partners involved.
- Coordination and cooperation on issues related to working with the project supervisor.
- Participate in seminars and workshops as needed.
- Provide related reports.
- Perform any other relevant assignments/ duties that might be assigned by Project Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in law and Sharia (essential).
- have license from AIBA will be plus point
- At least two years experiences in presenting cases.
- Experience in drafting, negotiating and reviewing legal documents.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Natural leader who displays sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and public speaking skills
Do not attach any scanned certificates, educational documents, etc. We may request these at a later stage.
Note: only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.