Activation Date: 31 May, 2021 Announced Date: 31 May, 2021 Expire Date: 07 Jun, 2021
About Voice of Women Organization:
Voice of Women Organization (VWO) is an Afghanistan-based non-governmental, non-profit, non-political, and non-partisan organization that specifically strives for the revival of women’s role in Afghan societies through advocacy for women’s rights, their legal and social protection, and their capacity building.
VWO informally established in Kabul in 1998 to run covert schools for girls under the repressive regime of the Taliban, VWO was registered with the Government of Afghanistan as the first women’s organization in the post-Taliban setup. The organization has since carried out scores of projects for the socio-economic advancement of Afghan women and girls. Voice of women organization established a headquarter office in 2004 in Herat province. In the beginning, it focused on women-related matters, and later on, in 2005, VWO established the first women protection center in Herat province.
Currently, the organization is operating in 7 provinces (Herat, Ghor, Farah, Nimroz, Badghis, Daikondy, and Faryab) of Afghanistan having 6 projects with more than 240 employees working toward achieving its mission.
Title: Lawyer/Legal Counsellor
Dept. / Location: Kandahar, Afghanistan
Reports to: WPC Supervisor
The Lawyer/Legal Counsellor is responsible to carry out all duties and responsibilities with direct supervision of WPC Supervisor.
- Provide legal advice for cases and clients.
- Providing of Group, family and individual counseling sessions.
- Contact Defense Layer to prosecute cases of legal affairs.
- Manage meetings, mediation and counseling.
- Assisting clients in relation to the selection of defense layer.
- Follow-up and pursuit of legal cases in courts and other Partners involved.
- Coordination and cooperation on issues related to working with the project supervisor.
- Participate in seminars and workshops as needed.
- Provide related reports.
- Perform any other relevant assignments/ duties that might be assigned by Project Supervisor.
Position Requirements: (Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in law and Sharia (essential).
- Should have license from AIBA
- At least two years experiences in presenting cases.
- Experience in drafting, negotiating and reviewing legal documents.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Natural leader who displays sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and public speaking skills.
Interested candidates who can meet the criteria must send their updated CV to the following email address mentioned in this announcement. Please refuse sending of big size file such of certificates and other extra documents. Keep in mind to write the Vacancy Number (VWO-246) in the subject line of your email, or otherwise your email will reject from resume database, and will not be considered for review.