Activation Date: 07 Apr, 2021 Announced Date: 07 Apr, 2021 Expire Date: 14 Apr, 2021
About GIZ-Afghanistan Promotion of the Rule of Law Project:
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ operates throughout Germany and in more than 120 countries worldwide. Our registered offices are in Bonn and Eschborn. We have more than 19,500 staff members around the globe, some 70% of whom are employed locally as national personnel.
With an international remit and a multicultural working atmosphere, we are successful because we share knowledge across disciplinary frontiers. Your professional and personal development is important to us. Whether it is the multifaceted day-to-day challenges or the considerable scope for applying creativity in your work – there are plenty of good reasons to join our motivated team.
- The consultant will directly work with department of Justice, Department of Women Affairs, Department of Haj and Religious Affairs, Directorate of Education, radios in Kabul and in district level with hoqoq officers and other judicial institutions and report the actual and realistic feedbacks to the Rule of Law Kabul office.
- The consultant will directly implement the planned activities with the RoL partners in the ground and directly coordinating with the relevant program officer.
- The consultant will be the focal point of the project in Kabul province and will communicate the messages, letter and MoHRA with the partners and will report about the activities implementation and developments. He/she will observe the RoL policies during communication and implementation of the activities and dealing with the partners.
- The consultant will facilitate the trainings, seminars and capacity building trainings with the partners and using different methods to enhance the capacity of participants.
- Monitoring the overall Rule of Law Kabul office programme implementation with partner`s institutions in the assigned province.
- Coordinating and participating in monthly online virtual meetings of consultants based in remote provinces with the Rule of Law Kabul Office.
- To represent GIZ Rule of Law kabul office in stakeholder meetings in the province with prior and close coordination of the Rule of Law Kabul program officer.
- Liaising with Rule of Law Kabul Office and partner institutions for successful programme implementation.
- Technical and logistical arrangements and facilitation of conferences, events, workshops and trainings with the relevant partners and consultants in Kabul.
- Perform any other duty assigned by programme officer of Kabul Rule of Law office.
- The consultant may possible to have domestic travels to Kabul and Balkh for the sake of project activities or capacity building programs, as determined by RoL.
- The consultant will ensure accountability and transparency while implementation of the activities and will do the documentation in a way to feed with the GIZ M&E rules and regulations.
Admin/Logistic and Financial Tasks:
- Collecting and sending of documents of MoHRA, DoE, Department of Haj and Religious Affairs (DoHRA), registered Madrasas, consultants and radios documents, financial and narrative reports for the payment follow to Kabul office.
- Submitting of assets to the respected partners (DoWA, DoJ, DoE, DoHRA, court, prosecution etc) as well as sending of handed over items to Kabul RoL office for record.
- Handling messenger services such as payment of bills, delivery of documents, and picking up of documents.
- Accuracy in financial services, zero tolerance to corruption at all.
REPORTING & DELIVERABLES:
- The consultant will provide his/her monthly report in English, but communication with the partners will be in Dari/Pashto.
- Reporting of all implementation, coordination and developments of the activities which will be implemented in the ground to the responsible program officer in Mazar office.
- Providing short minutes of individual activities to the relevant program officer of Rule of Law Mazar Office in due time.
- Submitting monthly narrative report to GIZ that includes information about the activities, participants, topic of the activity, partner`s changes with the implementation.
- The report will be provided in soft and will be electronically send to the assigned program officer.
- Providing documentations for the activities that he/she dose in the remote province for the sake of RoL.
- The report shall be given in English.
- Diploma from Sharia or Law faculties;
Professional Experience (field and minimum
- At least three years of relevant work experience;
- Multiple years of work experience in national/international rule of law institutions
- Experience in Conducting training.
- Experience in Organizing medium events such as conference, meetings…etc.
- Experience in Program.
- Experience in handling logistics
- Past experience of working with GIZ could be preferable;
Other experiences and skills (e.g. language, IT-skills, social and personal skills, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Fluent in English, and Dari/Pashto;
- Proficient in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
You are kindly requested to send your CV and letter of motivation with complete contact details to our office through the following email address:
Email: [email protected]
Note: Your application and subject line must contain Legal Consultant for MOHRA + Vacancy Announcement Number), Otherwise your CV ‘s will not be considered.
Please do not send us your working certificates, educational certificates or any other additional documents while you are applying for the post. We will ask you for these documents if you are selected for the next steps of recruitment.
Only those candidates will be invited for written test or interview who meets the qualifications and requirements for the mentioned job vacancy.
For more information about German Cooperation with Afghanistan and GIZ Afghanistan Projects, please visit our websites: