Activation Date: 01 Apr, 2021 Announced Date: 03 Apr, 2021 Expire Date: 09 Apr, 2021
About Children in Crisis (CiC) :
Children in Crisis began working in Afghanistan in 1997 and since then has worked consistently within Kabul and across Afghanistan’s provinces to improve access to quality education for the most marginalized children. It has also strived to ensure that children in conflict with the law have their legal rights protected and to increase the participation of women and girls in all areas of public and private life.
The Teachers will be working as part of CiC’s project in the Kabul Female Prison Detention Centre (KFPDC). This project aims to improve the situation in prison and simultaneously increase safety and self-sufficiency upon release. The proposed project further seeks to raise standards in the Kabul Female Prison Detention Centre (KFPDC).
These are national positions and the salaries are set according to experience in education program implementation. CiC will train the teachers to implement accelerated and foundation learning, using cooperative and personalized pedagogies to offer differentiated teaching and learning tailored to the level of the inmates. Each teacher will teach up to 70 females in different shifts and classes limited to 20 learners each. Teachers will report to the Project coordinator and are subject to regular performance appraisal as per the staff handbook.
- Tailor instruction and teach groups of inmates categorized based on their learning level.
- Teach learners of literacy classes in line with the curriculum of Ministry of Education.
- Organize exams and carry out an evaluation of learners in line with the standards of Ministry of Education.
- Prepare items required for the curriculum’s subjects.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly and annual lesson plans.
- Assess and analyze weakness and strengths of the learners.
- Arrange students’ educational documents in line with the standards of Ministry of Education.
- Establish a close relationship with females for a better education result.
- Participate in CIC’s meetings when required.
- Must have a bachelor degree in related field.
- At least 2-year experience of working as teacher and literacy trainer.
- Excellent teaching skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Understanding best teaching methodologies.
- Ability of teaching and controlling well the class.
- Previous experience of working with Prison will be preferred.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV (03 pages maximum) and Cover Letter (01 page maximum) to the following email address [email protected] not later than 06-04-2021. Please indicate the position title and Vacancy Number in the e-mail subject line.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted whose education and experiences correspond to the above criteria will be contacted for further consideration.
NOTE: APPLICATIONS WITHOUT CHILDREN IN CRISES RECRUITMENT FORM WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO FILL THE RECRUITMENT FORM AND SUBMIT IT WITH YOUR APPLICATION.