Activation Date: 25 May, 2021 Announced Date: 24 May, 2021 Expire Date: 27 May, 2021
About Concern Worldwide- Afghanistan:
~~Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Currently, Concern has been working in Afghanistan since 1998, when it responded to an earthquake disaster in Takhar province. Currently Concern has been working in Takhar and Badakhshan provinces undertaking both emergency response and long term developmental work in the areas of livelihood security, primary education and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene.
~~Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Community mobilization, training and re- activing CDC and support the communities in the distribution of the Relief package and COVID-19 awareness
• Raise awareness for target communities about the REACH program including the role and responsibility of Concern Worldwide as an implementing partner
• Support the establishment of CDC & CDCC and facilitate election including the formation of sub-committees
• Facilitate the process of need identification with communities in consultation with line ministries and support the development of community development plans
• upport the CDCs to establish bank accounts, and facilitate the CDCs and CCDCs meetings chaired by CDCs head on regular bases in the light of CDC bylaws
• Facilitate the formation of community participatory monitoring team and ensure participatory methodologies applied in all the aspect of REACH project cycle with ensuring considerable community inclusion especially the marginalized groups, such as the women, poor and disabilities are attended into community and cluster decisions over REACH activities identification, planning and implementation
• Support the CDC and their sub committees to work inclusively to reach marginalized group especially those who are landless, and women headed families
• Facilitate the community lead total sanitation CLTS
• Providing awareness packages about Covid-19
• Facilitate and monitor the CDCs and CCDCs maturity index
• Ensure all CDCs and CCDCs and hard copy of documents are kept and are maintained with CDCs and CCDCs and ensure timely submission such documents to district and provincial offices
• Raise Awareness of CDCs and Informal Public Authorities about COVID 19 and reinforce key health messages
• Assist CDCs and Youth to collect Community Profiles that include all neighbourhoods and provide a household count
• Assist CDCs and other key actors to create a household exclusion list (those that will not receive relief)
• Support the CDCs and other key actors in planning the distribution event ensuring a set up that minimizes the spread of COVID 19
• Facilitate the capacity building process and render the trainings to communities/CDCs/CCDCs on below topics and not limited to:
• Good governance , the role and responsibilities of CDCs and CCDCs and other parities
• Basic Training, Accounting, Procurement, Project Management, ESS and GRM
• Ensure gender equality in all aspects of REACH program
• Ensure each household received a food/soap relief packages
• Assist the distribution process in communities with a focus on safe and equitable distribution and report any irregularities to line manager and PMU
• Regularly reports to REACH manager/ CCAP in targeted provinces.
• Awareness of Concern’s security management system, including security guidelines.
• Know and understand the Concern Security Manual
• Follow and comply with Concern’s security procedures.
Compliance to Concern Code of Conduct (CCoC):رعیایت کود رفتاری کنسرن
• Concern is committed in the prevention of harassment, exploitation, abuse and/or inappropriate behaviour in the workplace. It is the responsibility of all Concern staff to adhere to Concern Code of Conduct and its associated policies.
• Ensure that staff and all people engaged by Concern including partner organisations engaged in Concern programmes, regardless of location, where national or international, full or part time, consultants, interns, contractors or volunteers adhere to the Code at all times. Any breach of this code by Concern staff may result in disciplinary action up to and including dismissal. In terms of staff from partner organisations, any breach of this Code may result in the suspension or termination of the partnership agreement
• Ensure to bring to the attention of the relevant manager or the Human Resources manager within Concern any potential incident, abuse or concern that I witness, I am made aware of, or suspect, which appears to break the standards contained in this Code
• کنسرن متعهد به جلوگیری از آزاز، بهره برداری نا درست، سوی استفاده، و یا رفتار نامناسب در محیط کاری است. تمام کارمندان کنسرن مکلف به رعایت پالیسی رفتاری کنسرن اند.
• اطمنان حاصل نمائید که تمام کارمندان و همه کسانی که درفعالیت های کنسرن دخیل اند؛ بشمول موسسات همکار کنسرن، کارمندان پوره-وقت و نیمه-وقت، بدون در نظرداشت مکان، کارمندان ملی و بین المللی، مشاورین، کارآموزان، قراردادی ها و کارگران داوطلب از کود رفتاری کنسرن پیروی میکنند. در مورد موسسات همکار، هرنوع سرپیچی از کود رفتاری نتیجه به تعویق انداختن یا هم ختم قرارداد را به همراه خواهد داشت.
• اطمنان حاصل کنید که هرنوع واقعه سوی استفاده یا نگرانی ممکنه که شما شاهد آن هستید، از آن آگاه میشوید، یا در مورد آن شک دارید و یا هم به شما چنان می نماید که تخطی از این کود است را، به مدیر مربوطه یا هم مسول منابع بشری گذارش میکنید.
CHS & Emergency:
• Concern is committed to CHS to ensure downward accountability. Concern activities are guided by CHS standards in all stages both emergency and development projects /programs. In Afghanistan we also bounded our activities by Accountability framework and therefore any Afghanistan employees are responsible to comply with CHS principles and benchmarks as instructed by its policies and therefore make sure that you accept and implement CHS standards in all your activities.
کنسرن به معیار های حسابدهی متعهد است و فعالیت های کنسرن در تمام مراحل که حالات اضطراری و یا انکشافی باشد توسط این معیار ها جهت داده می شود. در افغانستان ما همچنان فعالیت های مان را به اساس این معیار ها اجرا می کنیم ، بنآ هر کارمند مسولیت این را دارد که با اصول چار چوب حسابدهی فعالیت های خود را اجرا نماید و مطمین شود که معیار های حسابدهی را قبول و عملی می نماید.
• To give your full support in relation to emergencies when occurring in any area that Concern Afghanistan will respond.
حمایت کامل در ارتباط به حالات اضطراری زمانیکه به وقوع می پیوندد در هر موقیعت که کنسرن افغانستان می خواهد به آن پاسخ دهد.
~~Qualification & Experience:
At least High School graduated (12th class) + Experience or University Degree (Literature, Social Science, Law , Agriculture or relevant qualification)
Experience of working with the communities in remote villages for at least 3 years.
Previous experience of community development processes (PRA, facilitation and training).
Previous experience of establishing and working through Shuras working with NSP in the past.
Previous experience (one year or more) of working in emergency project.
To be willing and able to spend considerable time in villages (available for night stay in the target villages).
To spend time walking or riding of horses to villages.
To be familiar with village life.
To have good listening and negotiation skills.
Ability of English Language Skills
~~Applications should be written in English and demonstrate the applicants suitability for the job. A current Curriculum Vita and three referee’s reports should be included in the application. In the first instance applications should be submitted to Concern World Wide- Afghanistan offices in Taloqan marked to the attention of the Human Resources Department. And / or to any other field offices of Concern in, Faizabad, Yawan, Shahr-e-Bazarg , Chahab, Kundaz and Kabul (Shari now ,5th Street House 1117 Qala – e – Fatullah) or through this email address: [email protected]
Subject line must be: (623/2021 LF – Fakhar Districts, Takhar Province) or your application may not be considered.
Note: The preference will be for local candidates and they are highly encouraged to apply. یاد داشت: ارجحيت به کاندیدان محلی داده میشود و آنها قویآ تشویق میشوند که درخواست نمایند.
Closing Date: 27 May 2021