Activation Date: 23 Mar, 2021 Announced Date: 23 Mar, 2021 Expire Date: 05 Apr, 2021
About Turquoise Mountain:
Turquoise Mountain is a non-profit, non-governmental organization specializing in urban regeneration, business development, and education in traditional arts and architecture. We seek to provide jobs, skills, and a renewed sense of national pride to Afghan men and women. Since 2006 Turquoise Mountain has cleared 35,000 cubic meters of rubbish from the streets, restored or built 150 historic and community buildings, created a primary school and a clinic, and installed water, electricity and sanitation through the historic traditional craft neighborhood of Murad Khani in the old city of Kabul. It has created the internationally-accredited Institute for Afghan Arts & Architecture, training the next generation of craftsmen and women in woodwork, jewelry and gem cutting, calligraphy and miniature painting, and ceramics. Finally, it has sold over US$ 7,000,000 of Afghan artisan products internationally.
Turquoise Mountain is working on a four-year program with the support of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). This program aims to create 5,000 jobs in the carpet and jewelry value-chains in Afghanistan and facilitate the sale of US$20,000,000 worth of Afghan carpet and jewelry products to international markets. The program will build the technical capacity of those active in both value-chains, improve working conditions and ensure environmental standards, raise awareness about production abilities in Afghanistan, improve order fulfilment, and increase exports of higher-margin carpet and jewelry products, thereby increasing income-generating opportunities for thousands of Afghans.
- Write Assist in building layout, framing, sheathing, and roofing structures.
- Use equipment and tools to safely perform basic construction tasks.
- Identify any safety hazard issues and report them to the foreman.
- Tear down, rebuild, and point chimneys.
- Cut openings into walls, ceilings, and floors constructed of masonry materials
- To use brick and brick decorative for floor finishing.
- Mud plaster and seimgeal works of the buildings.
- Decorative flowering of the niches and windows by mud.
- Brick masonry work of walls, floor etc.
- Covering roofs in modern and historical methods.
- Wall construction with Pakhsa (Pakhsa-ee).
- Working on curved niches (historical).
- Any other relevant tasks assigned by the supervisor or designated person.
- Secondary school graduate (high school preferred).
- 2 years of relevant experience in the field.
- A good disposition towards work, collaboration and teamwork with politeness, honesty and commitment.
Candidates should submit their CVs with Cover Letter to: [email protected] by no later than April 05, 2021. In the subject line of the e-mail, please mention – Mason + last name.
Kindly combine CV and Cover Letter as one pdf document and avoid sending us certificates and other heavy sized documents.