Activation Date: 01 Jun, 2021 Announced Date: 01 Jun, 2021 Expire Date: 05 Jun, 2021
About HARAKAT- Afghanistan Investment Climate Facility:
Harakat was established in 2008 as an independent entity to deliver investment climate reforms to drive private sector-led growth in Afghanistan. Headquartered in Kabul, Harakat is currently funded by the UK Government’s Department for International Development (DFID) as the Lead Funder, and co-funded by Swedish International Development Co-operation Agency (SIDA) under the Afghanistan Investment Climate Programme (AICP). Harakat is registered with the Ministry of Economy, Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA) as a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO).
Harakat is currently working to deliver the Inception Phase of the AICP. A new Board of Directors is now in place, and the Programme is expected to run for up to seven years.
Harakat, in delivering the AICP, aims to improve Afghanistan’s business environment by making it easier to do business in Afghanistan; attracting viable investments, both domestic and foreign; increasing the confidence of the private sector; assisting the government to increase revenue generation, and ultimately generating new jobs.
Harakat’s work will focus on four main areas, or Program Pillars: (1) Public Private Partnerships; (2) Legal and Regulatory Reform; (3) Investor Facilitation; and (4) Women’s Economic Empowerment. There will also be cross-cutting work in areas such as public-private dialogue.
Harakat will design specific areas of intervention for the four Program Pillars, and will link them to measurable outcomes and indicators, to ensure positive impact, procure appropriate suppliers to deliver work under each Pillar, and manage these suppliers closely.
Harakat will work with a wide range of stakeholders including liaison with senior representatives in the Government of Afghanistan, the Private Sector, and the Civil Society at large. Under the AICP, Harakat expects to contribute significantly to Afghanistan’s economic growth by 2023. More information is available on Harakat’s website, at: http://harakat.af/
H-AICFO has also entered into an agreement with USAID Afghanistan to deliver regional Trade and Transit project. H-AICFO is determined to broaden its partnership with other donor agencies and expects that more donors will use H-AICFO for delivery of various programs considering the efficiency and effectiveness H-AICFO drives in program delivery.
The M&E and Reporting Officer will work within Harakat’s M&E Unit to support and strengthen the M&E system for the T4P-Trade for Peace project, monitoring and evaluation guidelines and as well as design and preparation of reporting tools based on Harakat, Donor and other stakeholders’ requirements.
The M&E and Reporting Officer will be responsible for reporting to the M&E Unit Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review the current functions of M&E, will develop and contribute to a comprehensive M&E system, which will be utilized for all the relevant programs implementation.
- Compilation, collation and preparation of daily, weekly and monthly project progress reports.
- Prepare, finalize and submit quality evidence-based progress reports to the organization and donor in proper layouts and formatting that can meet essential requirements of the involved parties.
- Prepare specific report-related feedback to management throughout the report preparation process and flagging problematic areas.
- Assist in the monitoring of the field activities based on project M&E strategy through monitoring and evaluation tools
- Enter all collected data of relevant projects to the system on regular bases
- Attend all project critical events, training sessions, and etc.
- Actively collaborate with program technical team and provide inputs on project activities and assist in updating regularly the database according to the project requirements
- Assist to maintaining a clear and transparent reporting and filing system
- To verify and cross check the Harakat projects progress reports
- Assist in planning and oversee M&E activities ensuring effective use of data in decision-making
- Close monitoring and observation from the program’s performances and services
- Provide early warnings of issues and deficiencies and facilitate solutions for improvements
- Establish effective knowledge management mechanisms in coordination with program management team, including documentation of results at output, outcomes and impacts
- Observation and evaluation of trainings and reporting of findings to the Head quarter in a timely manner
- To conduct field visits & Provide reports of the field visits, events and activities
- Any other task assigned by the Supervisor.
An excellent team player and self-starter
Ability to design M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluations
Excellent knowledge of monitoring and the application of methodology
Outstanding communication and presentation skills
Computer knowledge (should know office packages and statistical Softwares)
Ability to remain organized, proactive and punctual
Able to speak fluently and working knowledge of both national (Pashto & Dari) and English languages
Qualification and Experience
BSc. in Economics or BBA with 4 years of experience or Master Degree with 3 years’ experience.
Experience in advance software Data analysis and research is an advantage
At least 4 years of relevant professional work experience in private sector, Monitoring and Evaluation & Report writing.
Bachelor’s Degree in BBA or Economics and preference will be given to master degree holders.
Kabul with travel within Afghanistan. This is a full-time, in-country position
Applicants must submit a complete application that includes a letter of interest, current curriculum vitae, and contact information and three professional references. All submissions must be made via email only to [email protected] and please write the reference ( HKT-T&TM&EO-37) in the subject line of your email, application received after closing date will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Harakat-Afghanistan prohibits discrimination in employment on any basis.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.