Activation Date: 06 Apr, 2021 Announced Date: 06 Apr, 2021 Expire Date: 25 Apr, 2021
About Organization of Awareness, Skills and Knowledge:
OASK (Organization of Awareness, Skills and Knowledge) was established by a group of committed experts, who are well equipped with national and international experience to provide consulting services in various areas including Project Management, Educational Advisory Services, Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, Research and Development, Capacity Building. Croulet and Associates LLC who is OASK’s international provide backstopping and technical support which is meant to enhance credibility, validity and acceptability of the research and evaluation findings.
Our management team consists of well-educated Afghans with strong understanding of international best practices, as well as local knowledge of the country. The combination of our international knowledge and local experience make our firm a qualified partner for both local and international organizations. Our main clients are public and private organizations, national and international NGOs, political missions, UN agencies and not for profit organizations.
OASK holds a vision to empower businesses, industries and public institutions by enabling them to draw meaningful inferences from data and therefore focuses on statistics, monitoring and evaluation, project management, research and capacity building. It provides timely, reliable and accurate consultancy services and training on these topics by following international standards for research activities and sticks to its principles of respecting human rights, cultural diversity, protection of environment and gender equality at all times.
Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist will be responsible for development and design of M&E framework, M&E plan, reporting methodologies and consolidation and analysis of the M&E reports.
He /She will ensure the availability of a high quality of tailored data to promote project accountability, strengthen learning, and further inform effective decision making.
The incumbent will oversee quality control, track project progress and results delivery and also provide informed and independent professional advice to the SGR management with a view to improving delivery processes and achieving high-impact outcomes. He/she will lead improvements i
– Full knowledge of SPSS (Statistical Package for Social Science) and data entry software programs (i.e. PDE)
– The candidate must have the ability to work in a team environment, manage the data entry team, and be able to guide his/her assistants when needed.
– Excellent analytical skills
– Knowledge of Ms. Office Programs
– The ability to learn new guidelines (i.e. programs for data entry (PDE) and other relevant software programs) and required tools during the ongoing work period.
– Flexibility in working extra hours to meet the deadline.
Proven work experience as M&E or similar role.
Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
Strong analytic and decision making abilities
Must be a team player and able to work with and through others
Ability to take direction and to focus on and follow through on priority activities and assignments.
Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to work under pressure and work extra hours when required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities of the Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist will include but not limited to the following:
– Prepare interim monitoring reports on all aspects of project implementation.
– Lead in the design and supervise the implementation of all relevant studies, including the end of project independent impact evaluation study.
– Develop simple reporting formats to be used in collecting data, train staff in the monitoring and evaluation system of the project.
– Identify lessons learned and implications for the project’s next steps.
– Check that monitoring data are discussed in the appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future actions.
– Guide the regular sharing of the outputs of findings with project staff, Implementing Agencies and primary stakeholders.
– Establish an effective reporting and reports tracking system for all the projects.
– Monitor deadlines and also ensure that reporting requirements (frequency, quality, capacity and timeliness) for all running activities of the project have been planned and agreed upon.
– Undertake field visits to gather information and results related to the program.
– Carry out other relevant duties that may reasonably be required to ensure smooth running of the project’s reporting & communication system.
Act as the focal point for ensuring the survey tools, and other data collection forms, the baseline survey and data collection instruments are properly followed.
Ensure reports, photos, GPS coordinates are received on time, evaluated and submitted to the M&E Specialist.
Ensure that the program field staff are aware of all ROP/Donor compliance responsibilities
Assist in producing project monthly, quarterly and other required reports.
Ensure the M&E project data is accurate, timely and adheres to program M&E standards.
Track, follow and Implement the program M&E plan, indicators and procedures, including the evaluation tools.
Provide advice and oversight to ROP Program field staff on reporting and analysis of the program activities.
Plan and conduct periodical field visits to monitor programs and activities to verify progress and achievements.
Provide technical assistance and training to program team on data collection, interview, surveys, data clarity, and data delivery as needed.
Develop presentations to represent data analyses, projected outcomes and outputs, and periodic progress towards project objectives.
Coordinate with other departments to ensure proper understanding and resource mobilization for all activities within OASK.
The M&E Specialist must have the following basic qualification and working experience:
Master Degree in M&E, BA and PA or any other relevant field.
M&E field and Masters with 10 years of experience
Knowledge of World Bank project M&E requirements and systems will be an advantage.
Proficiency in basic computer programs (including word processing, database, spreadsheet applications and statistical software e.g. SPSS and STATA etc.).
Require Travels to provinces.
Interested & qualified candidates should submit their applications along with curriculum vitae (CV) to [email protected] indicating vacancy and position title in the subject line of your application as a (M&E Specialist) within the submission deadline. No other document is needed to be submitted unless invited for an interview. Applications received after closing date will not be considered.
OASK is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply