Activation Date: 24 May, 2021 Announced Date: 24 May, 2021 Expire Date: 02 Jun, 2021
About Bakhtar Development Network (BDN):
Bakhtar Development Network (BDN) was established in 2001 as a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political organization in Afghanistan. BDN envisages a society where people are motivated to aim for a better future and hence, BDN exists to help communities achieve their development goals.
Since its inception, BDN has been implementing various health, nutrition, education, and community development projects. BDN focuses on three main dimensions while implementing health, nutrition, and other development projects; 1) Evidence-based delivery of services; 2) capacity building of service providers, and 3) improving staff’s managerial capacity to better plan and manage projects. For more than 18 years, BDN has been able to contribute significantly to improving people’s access to high-quality health care and building a history of successful implementation of health, nutrition, and community development projects across Afghanistan.
BDN currently provides the Basic Package of Health Services in Balkh, Baghlan, and Takhar provinces under the World Bank-financed Sehatmandi Project. Through implementing Emergency Response and Health System Preparedness (ERHSP) projects in Balkh, Baghlan, and Takhar provinces, BDN also contributes to the fight against COVID-19 Pandemic.
BDN is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience without regard to age, race, religion, ethnicity, marital status, sex, physical disability, or veteran status
- Responsible for the overall mental health and disabilities activities of the project.
- Conduct training of health staff in disability awareness, prevention, and methods of physical rehabilitation.
- To promote the concept of mental health care in the project for the people in need of it,
- To assist CHWs and community members in reducing ‘societal stigma’ attached to mental disorders amongst family, neighbors, and community,
- To contribute to reducing the impact of mental disorders on individuals, families, and the community,
- To prevent the development of mental health problems and mental disorders, wherever possible.
- To assure the rights of the people with mental disorders and impart the concept of a dynamic link between mental health and associated human rights issues.
- Promote physical rehabilitation services and referral of persons with a disability needs to specialized services providers.
- Provide regular technical assistance and training on mental health care and disability for health facility staff and CHWs
- Conduct regular supportive supervision of the health facilities and CHWs in order to ensure mental health care and disability are implemented according to MOPH policies.
- Any other task assigned by the direct supervisor.
- Graduate from recognized Medical University as MD.
- Certificate in the English language.
- At least three years of experience in the same field.
- Excellent computer knowledge.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail.
- Strong presentation and communication skills oral and written in Dari, Pashto, and English.
- Must be proactive being a member of the Provincial Management team.
- Must be patient diplomatic and professional.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities and makes decisions independently.
- Able to travel in all districts of the province.
- Must have strong facilitation skills and work as a team player
The candidates are requested to send their CV and cover letter to below email address. The email must have the following subject line:
Application for the position of Mental Health Officer VA# BDN/TKR/05021002
Applicants failing to provide the above subject line their CVs will not be reviewed.
Submission email address: [email protected]
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.