Activation Date: 25 May, 2021 Announced Date: 24 May, 2021 Expire Date: 29 May, 2021
About Humanitarian Assistance & Development Association for Afghanistan(HADAAF):
HADAAF is a non-governmental, non for profit and non-sectarian Afghan NGO founded in March 2004 and legally registered with the Ministry of Economy in 2006. Since its inception, HADAAF has been implementing programs in different sectors such as; health, education, livelihood, emergency response and community’s social development mostly in hard to reach area of Afghanistan. Under its programs HAFAAF is targeting the most vulnerable communities; such as marginalized women and children, people with disabilities, internal and external displaced population in different parts of the country. HADAAF has adapted a strategic approach of partnership and collaboration throughout its program implementation. Thus far, HAFAAF has implementing projects/programs in partnership with Mop, IMC, UNICEF, WHO, Save the Children International, Swedish Committee for Afghanistan, Johan niter and Cortaid in Nuristan, Rogan, Gyor, Farah, Kabul, Kumar, Lachman and Kabul provinces. This collaborative approach has enabled HADAAF to get access to hard-to-reach areas and implement quality service delivery.
To guide the organization and its staff and board of directors, HADAAF have developed a strategic plan for five years covering period of 2017-2021. The strategic plan, outline key priority areas based on the need of target population and context of the country. The Strategic plan is fully in line with the Afghan Government National Development Priorities Plan, The Afghan Citizen Charter, Global Sustainable Development Goal-2030 and development agendas of other development partners currently active in Afghanistan. The strategic plan was developed throughout the participatory and collaborative manner involving HADAAF programmer beneficiaries (i.e. target population), government actors, relevant development partners, HADAAF, s relevant staff as well as members of the governing bodies
HADAAF respects & adhere to national & international humanitarian standards such as International Human Rights, Convention on the Rights of Children (CRC), The Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Response, Do NO Harm, Speer Standards, NGO Laws and Code of Conduct among others,
After 14 years of existence in the country, HADAAF got good capacity in program development and implementation and operation at national and sub-national level. This includes; a) program development section, b) program implementation section including M&E, c) human resource section, d) logistic/supply chain section, e) finance section including internal control mechanism.
Level 2: either the role holder will have access to personal data about children and/or young people as part of their work; or they will be working in a ‘regulated’ position (accountant, barrister, solicitor, legal executive); therefore a police check will be required
Duties and responsibilities
Under the direction of the child protection officer and in coordination with subordinate staff will be responsible for implementing HADAAF activities in project coverage area in Kabul province on child protection to make the delivery of the child rights and child protection a reality. he/she will be responsible to work directly with the communities and children.
- preparing of monthly Monitoring plan
- Participation in all workshops and seminars organize for children and for awareness of children situation.
- Setting up qualitative and quantitative indicators in participatory process in line with project plan and program milestone.
- To develop M&E Methodologies, checklist and tools for collecting data and organize data properly.
- Monitor the community group and center based activities and provide feedback
- Analysis of data to assess the set indicators and Verification of the validity of data received from field level
- Provide technical support and facilitation for the capacity development of project staffs and stakeholders on monitoring and evaluation.
- Develop tools for mapping
- Prepare study concept notes
- Assist to design empirical studies of evaluation
- Ensure quality of the reports and documents
- Develop reporting formats
- Ensure the process documentation of organization and projects.
- Document best practices and lessons learned.
- Prepare quality case studies and success stories by following standard formats
- Prepare monitoring reports.
- Collect case studies, lessons learnt and identify challenges for result based monitoring
- Identify gaps in the program implementation and report to the line manager.
- Assist in the development of project plan in line with the practical lessons learned through monitoring
- Support PM/ PC as required in project related activities.
- contribute to the preparation of events and progress reports
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the management of organization.
- To have knowledge/ and ability to collect required quantitative and qualitative sufficient information from the area.
- Collecting update data/ information that reflect and prioritize the situation and magnitude of street working children in the city/ province.
- To assist the Child protection officers in data entry and analyzing and reporting the situation of street working children.
- Establish and maintain good working relation with authorities on community
Skills and Behaviors: HADAAF Values in Practice
- Ensure that you work to the best of your ability and demonstrate high levels of commitment to HADAAF in order to ensure the objectives of your role and the country programmer are met.
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all HADAAF resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace
- Comply with the requirements of HADAAF Child Safeguarding Policy to ensure maximum protection for children
- Lead, manage and motivate a team, ensuring that they have clear objectives and receive meaningful feedback on their performance.
- Other duties as directed.(Obviously this needs to only include duties that could be reasonably expected to be carried out by someone with the skills, experience and seniority associated with the job in question).
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties from time to time which are reasonable in relation to their level of skills and experience.
In the event of a significant humanitarian emergency, the post-holder will be expected to work outside their normal job description; vary their working hours; and occasionally work from a different location should the need arise.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health &Safety and Security
The post holder is required to carry out their duties in accordance with HADAAF and Safety policies and procedures and our Global Security policy and procedures.
Compliance policies: Child Safeguarding and Code of Conduct; Anti-Bribery and Fraud
The post holder is required to comply with these key policies, and other organisational policies and procedures, at all times.
- Bachelor degree.
- Five years’ expertise in Project Monitoring, Child Rights and Child Protection
- Previous experience working on child protection or education Projects
- Good Oral and Written Dari and English skill
- Ability to work in multi cultural environment
- Good communication skill especially with the communities and children
- Ability to travel within project coverage districts & other provinces as needed
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Skills in Training and facilitation
- Skills in community mobilization
- Experience in working with the children
Understanding of local languages and customs
Interested candidate with the required qualification and experience should send their applications along with a cover letters to [email protected] no letter than 29 of May 2021.
Contact Numbers: +93786243900
Applications will not be accepted/considered after the closing date. Only short-listed candidates whose applications meet the above criteria will be considered.
Note: Applicant should mention the Vacancy Number in the Subject line of the E-mail.