Activation Date: 06 Jun, 2021 Announced Date: 06 Jun, 2021 Expire Date: 13 Jun, 2021
About World Vision International:
World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than 15 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and wellbeing of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities.
There are five strategic sectors that World Vision Afghanistan is focusing upon in order to achieve this: Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition, Education, Child Protection, WASH and Livelihoods.
World Vision Afghanistan is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees, volunteers, and all its affiliates to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. WV takes diligent measures to screen out all people who might seek to use WV to harm children or adult beneficiaries, or whose past actions indicate an unacceptable risk of such harm. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedures include extensive identification checks and an appropriate criminal record/police background check and disclosure of criminal records prior to employment or engagement with WV in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent
WVA has been one of the main education partners with Afghan Ministry of Education (MoE) since 2002. WVA education programming provides humanitarian, recovery and development projects to vulnerable out of school children (OOSC) who are affected by conflict/natural disaster, got internally displaced or are returnees from neighbor countries in remote and hard to reach areas. Education in Emergencies (EiE), Community Based Education (CBE), Youths’ Education, Teacher Training for community based and public schools teachers, School Improvement Plan (SIP) and School Construction are the main components WVA Education Programme.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Health and Nutrition Project Manager will be responsible to oversee and coordinate the project overall implementation and will have technical and management responsibilities of the project AHF Nutrition in Herat and Ghor Zone. The position holder is ensuring that the project is implemented on time and on budget, in accordance with the project documents. The Nutrition Project Manager will ensure donor and internal reporting requirements are adhered to and will work closely with the Senior Zonal Manager, Health Sector Lead and the assigned Programme Officer.
- Coordinate the ongoing design activities of the AHF Nutrition Health project.
- Work closely with the Health and Nutrition Sector Lead to ensure Adaptation of the key nutrition intervention is in place in consideration of the CoVID-19 circumstance and following the key nutrition cluster guideline and protocol.
- Ensure PPE and IPC is fully in place for all the project related interventions based on the CoVID-19 protocol.
- Provide leadership and management oversight to projects staff and overall project implementation to ensure project close out on time and on budget
- Develop and implement project staff’s work plans.
- Facilitate the registration of the project with the Department of Economy and relevant sector/department at the provincial government as soon as the MoU signed with the relevant Ministry of the central government.
- In coordination with the M&E unit, ensure that the M&E system is implemented and adhered to enable evidence of impact data to be captured.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and any other project’s report.
- Oversee implementation of project activities and ensure that project targets and grant objectives are met within the close out time-frame
- Coordinate closely with sector leads, SC department to ensure timely sourcing, and delivery of budgeted goods/line items.
- Ensure project activities are in compliance with the Government of Afghanistan’s rules and regulations.
- Ensure that grant and financial rules and regulations are strictly adhered to.
- Ensure that proper community development practices and “Do No Harm” practices are incorporated and upheld throughout the planning and implementation of the project.
- Be aware of and implement policy decisions made by World Vision Afghanistan leadership, and ensure that information is accurately disseminated to all project staff in a timely manner.
- With support from WV Afghanistan’s Finance Department, assume primary responsibility for budget reviews and monthly financial reports, highlighting concerns as they arise and providing feedback.
- Ensure contractors and creditors are paid in a timely manner in alignment with WV policies and procedures.
- Review financial projections, monitor monthly burn rates and make adjustments in implementation or budget re-alignments when needed in consultation with the assigned Program Officer and line manager
- As requested provide detailed variance explanations for any under/overspend.
- Adhere to WV Child and Adult Safeguarding policy and standards.
- Adhere to WV accountability standards.
- To be aware and prepared to implement WV Afghanistan Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs plan under the context of (AHF-Nutrition 2nd 2021) interventions.
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
At least 3 years work experience in the similar field with NGOs
Interpersonal, management and conflict resolution skills.
Knowledge of MS Office and statistical programs
Ability to work in a team environment
Bachelor degree in the relevant field
Strong understanding of development methodologies
Understanding of protection principles and child rights
Strong report writing and monitoring skills
Strong skills in oral and written English, Dari and Pashto.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
Master degree in the relevant field.
Understanding of gender programming
Communication skills and knowledge of local communities.
Strong capacity building and facilitation skills
The application closing date is 13-Jun-2021. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter outlining how you meet the job requirements by email to [email protected]
Please write on the subject of your Email the Vacancy Number (WVA1125) also avoid sending an attachmentof big size (above 1024 KB) if you want your application/CV to be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
Local candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
به کاندیدان محلی(منطقه) ارجحیت داده میشود
را در عنوان ایمیل خود ذکر کنید (WVA1125) لطفا کد اعلان کاری
Applications with insufficient, incomplete and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered.
Phone +93 402231174 | Mobile:+93 799 838 452
Please kindly note: As a mitigation measure, and in order to prevent COVID-19 from spreading, during this time we would not be able to receive hard copies of CVs / Applications. We kindly encourage you to apply online.
منحیث یکی از تدابیر پیشگیرانه و برای جلوگیری از انتشار ویروس کرونا، در جریان این مدت، ما نمیتوانیم درخواستی ها و خلص سوانح شما را به شکل چاپی دریافت کنیم. از همه شما خواهشمندیم تا از طریق آنلاین درخواستی خود را برایمان ارسال کنید