Activation Date: 25 Mar, 2021 Announced Date: 25 Mar, 2021 Expire Date: 01 Apr, 2021
The National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA), Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received four grants under the Agriculture and Natural Resources (ANR) sector portfolio of ADB. NWARA has established a Central Program Management Office (CPMO) to centralize and streamline the activities under these grants. The CPMO handles procurement, project administration, contract management etc. for the projects financed under the Grants.
Under the supervision of the PIO Manager, the Office Manager-Accounts Officer will be responsible to Office management and Accounts/Financial related activities. The Office Manager-Accounts Officer will report to PIO Manager, Project Manager, Deputy Program Director and Program Director.
Specific tasks to be undertaken by the Office Manager-Accounts Officer include but shall not be limited to:
- Maintain PIO staff attendance including recording of staff leave.
- Assist in preparing annual reports/ project reports/ update project files.
- Be responsible for day to day project correspondence / information sharing.
- Organize meetings and act as the secretary to project meetings / prepare minutes.
- Carry out procurement activities including preparing bidding documents / evaluation / tender / drafting contracts.
- Assist project staff in arranging logistics to various locations.
- Design and maintain proper filing and administrative system for the project documents.
- Ensure all financial transactions are in order; manage records file invoices receipts delivery orders and contracts.
- Carry out procurement procedures including preparing request forms collecting quotation and preparing purchase orders.
- Ensure all payments to invoices are made on time.
- Keeping track of all contracts entered into under the project and ensure that payments are made on time.
- Prepare monthly payroll and ensure salary is paid on time to all staff.
- Process travel requests and collect travel reports.
- Provide receptionist services including answering contract related calls and inquiries.
- Perform other duties that fall within the competency and responsibility of the position.
- Creating of Vendor forms for contractors.
- Maintain a proper of Bank Book.
- Record vehicles generators and office inventory expenses.
- Processing Staff Advances and tracking them.
- Preparing of Statement of Expenditure on a time.
- Maintaining of tracking sheet of advances expenses and refunds.
- Preparing of financial forms as per the need of the office.
- Assisting Head of PIO in preparing of financial reports.
- Maintain a proper cash book for finance records.
- Managing and recording all project assets in the database.
- Carrying out administrative duties required to function within the Project Implementation Office.
- Any other tasks that may be assigned by PIO Manager, Sr. Finance Manager, Project Manager, Deputy Program Director and Program Director.
The above job description contains the main duties and responsibilities for this position. However due to constantly evolving priorities within the implementation of projects funded by the Asian Development Bank the candidate must be flexible in terms of allocation of complementary tasks.
- Bachelor degree in business administration, economics, public administration or similar discipline with 4 years relevant experience in related field , Master degree preferable
- Relevant training will be an asset.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent writing skills in Dari and Pashto
- Working knowledge of English language (read, write and speak);
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Knowledge of web based management systems will be an asset.
The interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to the following email address [email protected] not later than 01-04-2021. Please indicate the position title and reference no. in the e-mail subject line.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.