Activation Date: 02 Jun, 2021 Announced Date: 03 Jun, 2021 Expire Date: 08 Jun, 2021
About Aga Khan Education Services, Afghanistan:
Aga Khan Education Services (AKES), an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), is one of the largest private, not-for-profit, non-denominational educational networks in the developing world to improve the quality of life of the communities. Through the provision of ECD, formal (K-12) and non-formal education programs, AKES seeks to enable all children and students to acquire both knowledge and the essential wisdom needed to balance that knowledge and enable them to attain the highest fulfilment.
AKES Afghanistan (AKES,A) started its operation in Afghanistan in 2004. Ever since, AKES,A has been providing quality ECD and non-formal education programs that benefitted thousands of children and students living in marginalized areas. Currently, AKES,A is operating in 6 provinces namely Kabul, Baghlan, Kunduz, Balkh, Samangan and Badakhshan reaching to over 25,000 children and students through one Central Office in Kabul, three Regional Offices and several Area Offices.
AKES,A is determined to establish the Aga Khan Early Learning Resource Center (AKELRC) in Kabul in 2021. The AKELRC will be a flagship ECD program serving as the national AKDN ECD Resource Center for early years and family programs in the country. The AKELRC, upon becoming a center of excellence for government, development partners and the private sector, will continuously create traditional and alternative professional development tools, resources and opportunities for ECD teachers and practitioners at the national level. Finally, the AKELRC will move up the AKES,A ECD program expansion and program reform agenda through providing technical and programmatic support to a wide network of ECD centers (through Hub and Spokes Model) in eight provinces of Afghanistan.
Operations assistant is responsible to assist operations officer in all operations related activities of spokes for smooth running of day-to-day activities. The incumbent will assist operations officer in all administrative activities related to HR, Finance, Facilities Management, IT, and Administration.
- Work closely and under supervision of operations officer to ensure smooth running of all operations activities.
- Ensure that all operations tasks are implemented in accordance with the organizational policies and procedures.
- perform basic maintenance checks to ensure facilities are clean and all items are functional, and report to operations officer.
- Assist operations officer in purchasing required items for the spokes.
- Prepare, record and maintain employee attendance and report to Operations Officer.
- Assist operations officer in data entry.
- Register capital items, inventory record, equipment and supplies at spoke level.
- Facilitate travels and movements of employee.
- Maintain stocks and update records for goods and other items.
- Assist with ordering and maintaining supplies stock and distribute as requested. Monitor and track stock and costs of items.
- Scan, copy and record and maintain HR, Finance, Facilities Management, Admin and IT documents
- Assist operations officer by recommending improvements in spokes center.
- Report any issue related to operations to operations officer.
- Prepare facilities contract and process them as per organizational policies.
- Perform any other task as assigned by supervisor.
To carry out the roles and responsibilities in a way which reflects AKES, A’s commitment to protecting children, beneficiaries, partners, community members and employees in accordance with Safeguarding Manual and Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Bachelor’s in business administration, Bachelor’s in Management, or equivalent degree
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- At least 2 years’ experience in relevant field
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Fluent communication in English and Dari
- Promotes effective collaboration within Hub and Spoke Centres.
To apply for this position, kindly use the below link and fill up the form.
Females candidates are incouraged to apply.