Activation Date: 04 Apr, 2021 Announced Date: 04 Apr, 2021 Expire Date: 15 Apr, 2023
About Search for Common Ground:
Search for Common Ground works to prevent and end violent conflict before, during and after a crisis. Search has a 37 year track record of equipping individuals and societies to find alternatives to violence. We strive to build sustainable peace for generations to come by working with all sides of a conflict, providing the tools needed to work together and find constructive solutions.
This is a one-year position for an enthusiastic Afghan graduate that is aiming to build a career in the peacebuilding field. The successful candidate will work closely with the operations team and provide support, ensuring the smooth running of the organization’s activities across Afghanistan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take an active part in the development and implementation of the operations plan of Search Afghanistan.
- Act as the liaison between the guards and Security coordinator and convey essential messages in local languages.
- Check the security equipment and tools and ensure upkeep.
- Ensure all files on security matters are kept up to date.
- Oversee the upkeep of the office building.
- Help maintain HR and admin files.
- Print documents and organize files for submission for donors and the government.
- Maintain a list of vendors.
- Get quotations for logistics of goods and services as needed.
- Make bill payments as instructed.
- Enter data onto online systems for the operations team (finance, security, logistics, admin, and HR).
- Scan documents as instructed.
- Book venues and hotels.
- Book flight tickets.
- Arrange suitable refreshments and food for Search’s events.
- Carry out tasks as assigned by supervisors.
Skills & Competencies
- Interest in the peacebuilding, humanitarian, and development fields;
- Able to work under pressure and keen to learn from others.
- Excellent written and oral Dari and Pashto communication skills.
- Able to communicate in English (in written and orally) at a high level.
- Excellent computer skills including Ms. Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and windows.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Working with People: The ability to respect the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy, listens, supports; consults others and shares information and expertise, builds team spirit, and adapts to the team.
- Flexibility: The ability to adapt to changing circumstances and priorities, to tolerate ambiguity, to adapt personal style to different people and situations.
- Drive for Results and Efficiency: The ability to set quality standards, monitor and maintain quality of work, and set goals to achieve continuous improvement.
- Relationship Management: The ability to manage interactions, provide service, and support the organization while building an effective internal and external network.
- leadership and Navigation: The ability to manage and contribute to initiatives and processes within the organization while making progress toward change and continuous improvement.
- Communication: The ability to effectively exchange information with others, to effectively deliver critical information, gather information, and communicate with others.
- Global and Cultural Effectiveness: The ability to value and consider the perspectives and backgrounds of all parties and be able to work cross-culturally.
- Ethical Practice: The ability to integrate Search vision, mission and core values, integrity, and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Collaboration- Audacity – Tenacity – Empathy – Results. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest, and Anti-fraud. Search is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children, youth, and vulnerable adults with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children, youth, and vulnerable adults.
Search for Common Ground does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
Please refer to this link to apply for this job: