Activation Date: 06 Apr, 2021 Announced Date: 06 Apr, 2021 Expire Date: 20 Apr, 2021
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Logistics/Procurement Assistant and the overall supervision of the Logistics and Procurement Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for provision administrative support to AVRR Programme beneficiaries and as well providing logistics/procurement and administrative support to projects within the mission at sub-office levels.
- Assist the Logistics/Procurement Assistant to obtain interview forms and other supporting documents, necessary for provision of assistance to the beneficiaries.
- Assist the Logistics/Procurement Assistant in submission of interview forms and quotations to procurement focal point for verification and endorsement.
- Assist Logistics/Procurement Assistant in coordination and scheduling beneficiaries and suppliers to visit IOM office into the payment schedules.
- Coordinate with security unit on granting access to the office for the beneficiaries and escort them to finance unit for provision of cash assistance and payment to the suppliers.
- Ensures that items procured are handed over to beneficiaries by accompanying them to the suppliers’ store and witnessing the handover process.
- Assist the Logistics/Procurement Assistant in dispatching approved non-asset PR to the Sub-Offices for processing procurement at provincial level.
- Liaise and coordinate closely with staffs at the Sub-Offices on billing/invoicing, GRN, RFP and vendor information on related procurement matters.
- Prepare payment documentation and liaise closely with the finance section concerning payment of procured and delivered goods or services.
- Ensure proper filing system in place for all related documents.
- Ensure electronic copies of all documents, such as voucher, RP, RR, receipts of ERIN, REAB, RESTART projects, are available and properly stored.
- Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Note: Appointment is subject to funding availability.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity in performing responsibilities assigned.
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationship with clients
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- University degree in the relevant field of expertise (Business Administration, SCM and Logistics, Procurement, Management) or alternatively a combination of related education and experience in this field.
- Minimum 1 years of relevant Procurement and Logistics experience is required at the national level
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of automated procurement systems, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Previous work experience with the UN and or government an asset
- English- Fluency is required
- Working knowledge of any local language, French and/or Spanish is an advantage
Interested applicants are invited to send curriculum vitae through ACBAR website by Close of Business (CoB) 20 April 2021 latest, we do not accept hard copies.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your application is accurate.
Campaigning for a candidate can be grounds for disqualification.
Click on the link below and then click on ‘Register and Apply’ if you are not already registered with MyCTG
Follow the steps to provide your details and register
Provide the information marked in red
Save your profile and upload copies of your qualification and CV
Once you profile is created and saved go to Vacancies tab on the right corner
Click on the vacancy that you want to apply for
Provide your current employment details, date you are available from and salary expectation
Tick the boxes and click submit
You will see your application under Application tab
Vacancy Reference NO. in website:VAC-4557
Note: Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your application is accurate.if you have any issue registering yourself, please contactform 8:00 AM up to 4:00 PM: +0093728220482