Activation Date: 27 May, 2021 Announced Date: 27 May, 2021 Expire Date: 02 Jun, 2021
About Voice of Women Organization:
Voice of Women Organization (VWO) is an Afghanistan-based non-governmental, non-profit, non-political, and non-partisan organization that specifically strives for the revival of women’s role in Afghan societies through advocacy for women’s rights, their legal and social protection, and their capacity building.
VWO informally established in Kabul in 1998 to run covert schools for girls under the repressive regime of the Taliban, VWO was registered with the Government of Afghanistan as the first women’s organization in the post-Taliban setup. The organization has since carried out scores of projects for the socio-economic advancement of Afghan women and girls. Voice of women organization established a headquarter office in 2004 in Herat province. In the beginning, it focused on women-related matters, and later on, in 2005, VWO established the first women protection center in Herat province.
Currently, the organization is operating in 7 provinces (Herat, Ghor, Farah, Nimroz, Badghis, Daikondy, and Faryab) of Afghanistan having 6 projects with more than 240 employees working toward achieving its mission.
Title: Project Admin/Finance
Dept. / Location: Spotlight Initiatives/UNICEF project -Herat, Afghanistan
Reports to: Project Manager
Description: The project Admin/Finance will be based in VWO Herat Main Office and will be responsible for all the administrative and financial duties of the Spotlight Initiatives-UNICEF project. He/she will report the day-to-day activities of mentioned departments to the VWO main office.
- To perform all administrative and financial duties/functions of the project.
- To record financial transactions of the project in primary books of accounts (General Journal and Project Cashbook, Bank Book and QuickBooks).
- Preparing purchase request form according the requirement of the project activities, getting approval and on time submission of the approved PRF to the procurement and logistic officer.
- To process the invoices and prepare procurement documents of the project considering organization policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely preparation of vendor’s service contracts as well as payments to vendor and service providers
- To facilitate the process of opening salary bank accounts for the project staff as well as processing of their monthly salary payment including preparation of timesheet, payroll and etc.
- To ensure final check and verification of financial documents before payment of cash and or issuance of cheques.
- To ensure all required supporting documents are available upon payment as well as the fund is available in the accounts.
- Make sure that all original financial documents are kept in a safe place.
- Develop and maintain effective filing system for the program documents, reports, administrative and HR documents, and other materials according to office protocols for the project.
- Perform office administration (maintenance, procurement, transportation arrangement) prepare meeting agenda, conduct meetings, write meeting minutes and keep records of all the meetings;
- Arrange refreshments and stationery for workshops and meetings those are going to be conducted in the region and its target provinces;
- Make sure the asset (fixed assets and material) of the project is well recorded.
- Maintain inventories physical checking and updating in monthly basis.
- To perform daily cash count with no documenting but weekly and monthly for document purpose.
- Ensure that all financial related information is kept confidential.
- Support Admin to ensure that the office has the appropriate amount of furniture, cleaning supplies and stationery to accommodate project staff needs through the identification of budget codes.
- Any other relevant task given by the immediate manager.
Position Requirements: (Qualifications)
- Bachelor degree (Preferably, Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Accounting or relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Admin or Finance section.
- Having oral and written communication skills in English and Dari languages.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Excellent working computer skills of MS office package (word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook) QuickBooks database is preferred.
Interested candidates who can meet the criteria must send their updated CV to the following email address mentioned in this announcement. Please refuse sending of big size file such of certificates and other extra documents. Keep in mind to write the Vacancy Number (VWO-240) in the subject line of your email, or otherwise your email will reject from resume database, and will not be considered for review.