Activation Date: 07 Jun, 2021 Announced Date: 03 Jun, 2021 Expire Date: 17 Jun, 2021
IOM, with the financial assistance of the European Union, developed the Reintegration and Development Assistance in Afghanistan (RADA) project to support sustainable reintegration of returnees within their communities of return. RADA is implemented in eight provinces of high return (Baghlan, Balkh, Herat, Kabul, Kandahar, Kunar, Laghman, and Nangarhar) to achieve the following results:
- Sustainable reintegration: Returnees and communities in areas of high return in Afghanistan share an enabling environment for sustainable reintegration in which returnees reach a level of economic self-sufficiency, social stability within their community, and psychosocial well-being that enables them to cope with (re)-migration drivers.
- Activities include integrated community development projects, support to businesses, start-ups, and Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET).
- Capacity strengthening: The Ministry of Refugees and Repatriation (MoRR) and its departments at the provincial level, have strengthened capacities to plan, coordinate and facilitate the provision of comprehensive reintegration assistance.
- Activities include technical assistance, peer-to-peer capacity building, and the establishment of referral mechanisms and structures such as Reintegration Information Centres (RIC) at the provincial level.
- Reception Assistance: Persons who are returned to Afghanistan under the Joint Way Forward Framework and additional arrangements on non-voluntary returns, are provided
- with immediate assistance at the airport in Kabul, Afghanistan.
- Activities include medical and psychosocial screening and referral, temporary accommodation, and onward transportation.
- Knowledge development: Comprehensive data collection, trend monitoring, and research contribute to an evidence base on return, reintegration, and development policy and practice in Afghanistan.
- Activities include data collection and analysis to monitor results, impact and contextual trends, publications and roundtables contribute to policy discussions at the national and international level.
- Under the overall supervision of the Senior Project Manager, the direct supervision of the National Programme Officer, and in close coordination with the National Programme Officer for AVRR, the successful candidate will ensure the effective and efficient implementation of the Post Arrival Reception Assistance (PARA) as per the guidelines outlined in the EU/DEVCO funded project “Reintegration and Development Assistance in Afghanistan” (RADA) through the following responsibilities:
- Support the overall implementation of the IOM Afghanistan managed, EU (DEVCO) funded project “Reintegration and Development Assistance in Afghanistan” (RADA) in a timely and effective manner in Kandahar province in line with IOM and donor administrative rules, regulations and procedures during implementation.
- Support the delivery of project activities, including: the community development activities, Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET); support to small and medium size enterprises (SMEs);
- Ensure inclusiveness and gender-sensitive approaches in all project activities, facilitate mobilization of female participants throughout community-based activities, ensure and facilitate participation of women in community dialogue and consultation.
- Work in close coordination and cooperation with implementing partners, relevant government entities; civil society groups; Community Development Councils; UN agencies; international organizations; and private sector actors in Kandahar province.
- Work in close coordination and cooperation with different units within IOM Afghanistan to ensure efficient delivery of project activities including procurement, logistics, ICT, security; as well as with project staff in Kandahar sub-office.
- Facilitate and contribute to adequate monitoring, analysis and reporting on trends and information on returns and reintegration in Kandahar province.
- Facilitate the arrangement of meetings; staff travel; and other logistical issues; prepare purchase requests, payment requests, vouchers and other necessary documents concerning the project in a timely and accurate manner;
- Provide inputs to the drafting of contracts, budgets and other related documentation in coordination other IOM Afghanistan staff;
- Undertake site visits and duty travel as required
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Note: The recruitment process for this vacancy notice may be used to employ candidates for similar roles
Appointment is subject to funding availability.
- In-depth knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject Applied knowledge of community engagement and conflict analysis.
- In-depth knowledge of project lifecycle management, including project identification, implementation and monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge of urban and development policies and plans at local and national level.
- Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor programming.
Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Agriculture, Public Administration, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three (3) years of relevant professional experience
- At least 3 years of experience in implementing projects in technical areas of the project, including return, reintegration and community development and engagement.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relations and lead, motivate teams and cooperate with relevant government and community counterparts, international organizations, implementing partners and private sector entities.
Experience with international organizations, UN agencies, (international) non-governmental organizations is preferred.
- Fluency in English and Pashto (Oral and written)
- Advantage working knowledge of (Pashto)
Interested applicants are invited to send curriculum vitae through ACBAR website by Close of Business (CoB) 17 June 2021 latest, we do not accept hard copies.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your application is accurate.
Campaigning for a candidate can be grounds for disqualification.
Click on the link below and then click on ‘Register and Apply’ if you are not already registered with MyCTG
Follow the steps to provide your details and register
Provide the information marked in red
Save your profile and upload copies of your qualification and CV
Once you profile is created and saved go to Vacancies tab on the right corner
Click on the vacancy that you want to apply for
Provide your current employment details, date you are available from and salary expectation
Tick the boxes and click submit
You will see your application under Application tab
Vacancy Reference NO. in website:VAC-4717
Note: Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your application is accurate.if you have any issue registering yourself, please contactform 8:00 AM up to 4:00 PM: +0093728220482