Activation Date: 24 May, 2021 Announced Date: 24 May, 2021 Expire Date: 10 Jun, 2021
About Qingdao Engineering and Construction Group LTD:
Qingdao Construction Engineering Group Co., Ltd. was established in June 1997, with the People’s Republic of China Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development awarded the first-class general contracting construction qualification, housing construction general contracting Yiji, while possessing roadbed, Highway pavement, bridge engineering, tunnel engineering contractor Yiji level qualification and highway traffic engineering safety facilities qualification. The company passed the GB / T19001-2008-ISO9001 quality management system certification, GB / T24001-2004-ISO14001 environmental management system certification, and GB / T28001-2001 occupational health and safety management system certification. The company’s main scope is: to undertake high-rise buildings, villas, office buildings, all levels of roads, bridges, tunnels and road traffic safety facilities construction tasks, to undertake overseas projects, and development and sales of patented products;
Nigeria is in a period of rapid economic development, real estate and road construction, urban water supply market has a very good prospect. In 2016, Unified Group and Qingdao Construction Engineering Group set up Huasheng Construction Company to jointly develop Nigerias real estate and other industries.
Project Engineer Responsibilities: Functional Responsibilities
1. Supervise and coordinates the activities of assigned technical personnel in construction layout, project inspection, material testing, populating construction files, project reporting, and closeout. Develops and evaluates construction methods and schedules in accordance with project budget and time constraints. Inspects construction projects in progress and upon completion.
2. Reviews construction plans and specifications for construction projects. Maintains project files, updating them as work progresses and prepares pay estimates. Supervise and coordinates department construction projects to ensure an operational and durable end product. Prepares pay estimates and monitors costs to ensure budget constraint.
3. Works with consultants, when appropriate, to oversee consultant designed construction projects. Evaluates consultant generated plans and specifications to ensure the buildable aspect of projects.
4. Works with various state and federal agencies to comply with reporting requirements on projects that are partially or totally funded by those agencies. Responds to questions from contractors, developers, engineers, road department staff and the general public regarding road department construction and specifications. Ensures quality of workmanship and materials, resolves conflicts and responds to citizen concerns.
5. Uses professional engineering principles, training, and experience to evaluate problems at construction or maintenance sites, including but not limited to, issues such as soil erosion and sedimentation, drainage, and catch basin locations. Determines appropriate courses of action to resolve problems. Meets and negotiates with parties affected by road projects and, when possible, proposes remedies for stakeholder concerns.
6. Works to determine actual field conditions and helps adjusts project design to fit those conditions. Performs design engineering as assigned, including assisting technical personnel in drawing plans, writing specifications and the acquisition of rights of way.
7. Participates in the planning process by collaborating with other professional staff to evaluate the need for road project improvements.
8. Provides information to the public and attends public hearings and stakeholders meetings concerning road and bridge improvement projects and other Road Department activities.
9. Attends professional engineering events and seminars and reads literature in the field to keep current with techniques in design, construction and management. Updates technical staff of changes in engineering standards.
10. Executes the responsibilities of the Assistant Director of Engineering when absent, according to lawful and ethical standards.
Project Engineer Requirements:
A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field.
A valid Engineering license.
7 years or more years’ field and project planning experience.
Excellent computer literacy and knowledge of design and visualization software.
The ability to work with multiple discipline projects.
Excellent project management and supervision skills.
Excellent organizational, time management, leadership, and decision-making skills.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Knowledge of applicable codes, policies, standards, and best practices.
Note: Application received without exact position title, vacancy no and location will be directly disqualified from the process.
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with copies of their CVs (NOT Educational and Work Certificates), to the attention of the HR Department to the following address or email us on ([email protected] ). ([email protected]
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted interview. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post.
QECC Afghanistan Country Office – Kabul
ADD: Wazeer Akbar khan 15 street lift side first lane House No#647