Activation Date: 10 Mar, 2021 Announced Date: 08 Jun, 2021 Expire Date: 20 Jun, 2021
About Concern Worldwide- Afghanistan:
Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Currently, Concern has been working in Afghanistan since 1998, when it responded to an earthquake disaster in Takhar province. Currently Concern has been working in Takhar and Badakhshan provinces undertaking both emergency response and long term developmental work in the areas of livelihood security, primary education and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene.
Duties and responsibilities:
Effective Planning and Coordination:
• Establish regular systems for project planning, implementation and monitoring across the targeted locations.
• Assist the Consortium Manager in the development of the annual and multi-year detail plans for implementation, procurement, communication and M&E.
• Mobilize and collaborate with local government and community leaders to identify the eligible program participants based on the agreed criteria.
• Ensure the proper identification and establishment of new Women Agro-business collectives and existing women-led agro-businesses.
• Develop monthly and weekly plan with the project team on the proposed project activities and budget expenditures.
• Closely work with Consortium Manager to effectively coordinate with provincial and district government stakeholders, representative of trade groups, cooperatives to facilitate the successful implementation of the project.
• Supervise project Local Facilitators and Life skill Master Trainers.
• Assist the Consortium Manager in periodic stakeholder mapping of relevant organizations or institutions related to gender, women economic empowerment, livelihood and agro-business sector.
• Ensure the proper and timely planning of the procurement procedures for the project activities according to Concern’s rules and regulations.
Effective implementation and utilization of resources
• Oversee the overall implementation of Concern EC AWARE project in successful project delivery as per donor agreement and Consortium’s agreed implementation strategy.
• Conduct regular field monitoring visits to ensure quality and timely implementation.
• Follow up the weekly and monthly progress and budget utilization of the planned activities.
• In coordination with the M&E Officer, develop weekly monitoring plan and follow up meetings with the project Officers (Value chain Officers, Life skill Master Trainer and Gender Officer) and community mobilizers.
• In coordination with the M&E Officer, ensure the application of result-based management (RBM) standards as per the agreed indicators.
• Develop risk registers and mitigation measure that will be monitored based on the planned deliverables.
• Ensure the smooth functioning of all operational activities related to the project implementation.
• Effectively coordinate with security, finance and logistic department for effective and timely implementation of the planned activities.
• Support the project team in the development of high-quality publications and communication products, such as brochures, project factsheet, case studies and success stories as per the EC communication and visibility guideline.
Monitoring and Reporting
• Review and validate the findings of monitoring and accountability activities with the MEAL Officer and Team Leader and provide feedback for continual improvement for the quality of the program implementation.
• Ensure proper electronic and hard copy information and data records of project progress achievements and lessons.
• Ensure the compliance of the project deliverables as per the data protection and protection policy.
• Compile and prepare regular progress reports as per the donor standard template and required details.
CHS & Emergency:
• Concern is committed to CHS to ensure downward accountability. Concern activities are guided by CHS standards in all stages both emergency and development projects /programs. In Afghanistan, we also bounded our activities by Accountability framework and therefore any Afghanistan employees are responsible to comply with CHS principles and benchmarks as instructed by its policies and therefore make sure that you accept and implement CHS standards in all your activities.
• To give your full support in relation to emergencies when occurring in any area that Concern Afghanistan will respond
Qualification & Experience:
• University graduate in Economic, Development or any other related field.
• At least 3 years’ experience in managing project with NGOs in sectors focused on gender, livelihood or economic development projects is necessary.
• Local knowledge and staff management is an advantage
Competencies and skills
• Demonstrated understanding of project management.
• Demonstrate experience of producing high quality, credible and learning-focused project results.
• Computer skills preferred (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point).
• Ability to produce analytical and concise reports in English.
• Ability to solve complex problems through a reciprocal and consultative approach
• Ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with internal and external parties.
• Demonstrate excellent team player with networking abilities
• Oral and written communication in English, Dari and other local languages
Applications should be written in English and demonstrate the applicants suitability for the job. A current Curriculum Vita and three referee’s reports should be included in the application. In the first instance applications should be submitted to Concern World Wide- Afghanistan offices in Taloqan marked to the attention of the Human Resources Department. And / or to any other field offices of Concern in Faizabad, Yawan, Chahab, Kundaz and Kabul (Shari now, 5th Street of Qalai Fatullah, connected with Qalai Moosa) or through this email address: [email protected]
Subject line must be: (614/2021 EC-Project Officer) or your application may not be considered.
Closing Date: 20 Mar 2021: