Activation Date: 08 Jun, 2021 Announced Date: 08 Jun, 2021 Expire Date: 21 Jun, 2021
Medair is an international humanitarian organization established in 1988. Medair has been operating in Afghanistan since 1996 with programmes mainly in the Health, Water & Sanitation, and Livelihoods sectors with significant reconstruction activities in remote areas. Current projects are Water & Sanitation, Food Security, & Disaster Risk Reduction.
Medair is implementing an integrated Health, Nutrition, WASH, and Food Security project in Daykundi Province. Medair’s multisector project seeks to provide integrated emergency response for drought-affected communities in the Central Highlands of Afghanistan.
- To set up and oversee all support functions in the designated Medair field office, in collaboration with the support team in Nili.
- Manage the base and project warehouses, issue stock items according to request and arrange transport to field sites when required.
- Foster clear communication and good relationships with suppliers and relevant parties in the area that will serve to support activities.
- Serve as security focal point in the project district and report every incident or when Security SOPs are not being followed.
- Immediate notification of any suspicion of fraudulent activity amongst staff and external links.
- Adherence to Medair values and to contribute to the wellbeing of the team as an active member.
- Adherence to Afghan NGO Law and Tax Law.
- Adherence to all NRS Regulations and Security Standard Operating Procedures and maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Manage the warehouses in the field base for base and project stock
- Issue stock according to stock requests, carry out monthly physical inventory
- Prepare weekly and monthly sock reports
- Coordinate between support logistics team and field project team to ensure the stock levels are kept up to date
- Procure items as needed in the local market
- Follow procurement procedures and logistics procedures for all project purchases and for base maintenance.
- Oversee that fleet requirements are being followed (incl. logbook, daily vehicle checks)
- Equipment management for all field office equipment
- Maintenance of office compound in consultation with the landlord
- Work together with the guards to ensure the office is secure at all time
HR and Financial management
- Forecast the cash needs for the field office and raise PDFs accordingly
- Act as focal point for Fin related matters in the field location.
- Act as focal point for HR related matters in the field location.
- Security focal point of field location. Report any security concerns to Project Coordinator and taken action when required to keep the team safe.
- Participate constructively in team meetings.
- Bachelor degree in logistics, Business or Admin or similar relevant field
- 2 years of experience in similar support role
- Experience writing reports in English
- Excellent English and Dari
- Language skills (written and oral) will be tested in the interview
- Good working skills with Microsoft Office
- It will be tested at the interview
- Clear communicator to team mates, willing to share information
- Able to maintain good working relationships while working in small teams in remote locations
- Able to resolve interpersonal tensions peacefully
- Sense of humour
- Able to plan and organise schedules
- Honest and reliable personality
- Able to record information accurately, e.g. completing forms, carrying out data entry and analysis, and writing a factual report
Interested applicants should forward their https://form.123formbuilder.com/4881255/form
by not later than 21st June 2021
For technical questions only, please message [email protected]
“Medair is committed to safeguarding the protection of beneficiaries, volunteers, staff and partners, and particularly children. Therefore, we do not employ staff whose background we understand to be unsuitable for working with children. Medair staffs are required to give the utmost respect to, and comply with, Medair’s accountability policies and best practices”