Activation Date: 27 May, 2021 Announced Date: 27 May, 2021 Expire Date: 03 Jun, 2021
About Afghan Paramount Welfare and Development Org (APWDO):
Afghan Paramount Welfare and Development Organization (APWDO) is a national non-governmental not-for-profit organization, established in 2008 by Afghans and registered, in 2010, with Afghanistan Ministry of Economy (MoEc).
The core of our organizational philosophy, at APWDO, is to provide humanitarian support, to the vulnerable communities of Afghanistan, based on the principles of UDHR and the socio-cultural values of our country and to provide innovative, socially, economically, and environmentally sustainable human development solutions through research, dialogue, networking, partnerships, and solutions exchange. APWDO is an indigenous organization that seeks to invest resources, efforts, time and energies in interventions responsive to the local needs, backed by evidence from the ground collected through close consultations with the local communities, formal and informal institutions.
APWDO has been involved in provision of services in the areas of governance & rule of law, peacebuilding, economic growth, agricultural development, environmental sustainability, capacity building, vocational trainings, women empowerment, youth development, health & WASH, education and other related areas. We have accumulated experience and institutional capacity that enable us to provide professional services to clients from the public sector, the private sector and multilateral organizations, which are operational in Afghanistan.
Skills and Competencies
· Be an Afghan National male or female.
· Great spelling punctuation and grammar count as well as the ability to write succinctly and boil complex ideas down into simple explanations.
· Excellent technical skills in writing editing formatting research negotiation and verbal communications.
· At least 5 years progressive experience developing and writing successful proposals for USG donors especially USAID UN Agencies GIRoA European Union and others.
· Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Ability to collaborate with others and work as part of a team.
· Willingness to travel often on short notice for specific writing assignments in country offices
Education and Experience
Bachelor or Master’s degree in International Development Communications or a related field preferred (Master degree is preferred).
Three to five years of work experience in international development or relevant field preferred.
The Proposal Writer/Development Officer is a critical member of the Development Team and is responsible for ensuring the submission of comprehensive highly competitive bids to USG GIRoA UN Agencies and multilateral donors. The Proposal Writer/Development Officer serves as the lead writer of proposals and is responsible for coordinating and editing all sections of the proposal that are prepared by other staff and/or consultants. Proposals will typically be written with emphasis on a technical area such as but not limited to education health Agriculture peace building capacity building promoting women rights child protection water and sanitation and youth and economic empowerment. The Development Officer/Proposal Writer will design and implement capacity building plans and materials for the organization staff at all levels (Main Office and Provincial Offices) to enhance the organization’s ability to develop technical content. This full-time benefitted position reports to the Senior Development Manager and is based in Kabul City Afghanistan.
A. Proposal Design/Development
· Lead the writing of responsive and high-quality proposal sections (technical approach activities work/implementation plan management plan monitoring and evaluation plan and results frameworks) in accordance with bid-specific action plans.
· Collect integrate and assure the quality of any contributions from the organization technical specialists and/or consultants.
· Review revise and copy-edit technical proposal sections provided by the organization technical staff consultants and partners and integrate into the overall technical application.
· Review revise edit and improve the quality and responsiveness of proposal documents and materials produced by country offices and technical units.
· Participate in technical reviews and incorporate all feedback and revisions in a timely manner.
· Review and integrate all background materials including development strategy or program strategy documents previous proposals and reports Requests for Applications (RFAs) Request for Proposals (RFPs) Annual Program Statements (APSs) and other solicitation documents) to ensure that the technical application is compliant with all technical and formatting requirements.
· Interview and gather input from offices technical units subject matter specialists and other resource persons.
· Lead or support the preparation and delivery of proposal design workshops.
· Review and edit small bid submissions and concept notes.
B. New Business Development
· Assist with the identification of new business opportunities
· Develop capacity statements management approaches and other models for upcoming proposals.
· Design and implement capacity building plans and materials for the organization staff at all levels Main Office and Provincial Offices to enhance the organization’s ability to develop technical content.
· Support the preparation and delivery of pre-bid design workshops.
· Research and follow developments in donor strategies and policies; provide briefs to staffs as necessary.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter with updated CVs to APWDO’s HR department mentioning the Position Title and Vacancy Number in the subject line.