Activation Date: 06 Jun, 2021 Announced Date: 06 Jun, 2021 Expire Date: 30 Sep, 2021
About (MSH) Management Sciences for Health:
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.
Major Activities / Responsibilities
- Provide security services to both staff and premises of MSH
- Under the general supervision and direction of MSH Security Advisor (MSA), the candidate will assist in the implementation of all appropriate security management procedures related to the safety and security of MSH staff, and the protection of MSH assets in the office.
- Specifically, he/she will assist the MSA in promoting a high level of security awareness throughout the provincial office.
- . In particular, he/she will:
- Develop a close working relationship with security contact and a comprehensive working knowledge of MSH Security Procedures, in addition to completing the Basic and Advanced Security training.
- Liaise with the Security Focal Points throughout the province on security related issues
- -Implement and conduct training programs for guards and drivers – maintain level of readiness for guards and drivers
- Assist in the conduct of security assessments/evaluations offering appropriate mitigation recommendations and take an active role in the development and implementation of evacuation/emergency security plans in coordination with the MSH (MSA).
- Ensure all relevant security information is disseminated on a timely manner to the appropriate MSH staff members working in the neighboring provinces.
- Ensure that all security administration (travel clearances, staff lists etc) is processed in a thorough and timely manner and archived for future access if required.
- Ensure that all MSH Offices are fully secure compliant.
- Ensure that all security guards are performing their duties.
- Ensure that both Patrol Supervisors are performing their duties on timely manner.
- Maintain Liaison with the National Directorate Security (NDS) and Afghan National Police (ANP) and assist in case of emergency and confirmation of security reports National Staff Security Training
- Maintain contact with local elders in villages due to MSH program and staff safety
- Training of provincial staff in overall security related awareness
- Monitoring of all security guards (internal and external)
- Monitoring of Sub-Offices in neighboring provinces for security threats and updates and compliance with security procedures and policies
- Any other duty assigned.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- Secondary School Certificate of Education.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in security experience.
- Experience working in an environment similar or closely related to MSH type of work.
- Security experience in a potential conflict environment.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge on workplace violence awareness and prevention programs.
- Knowledge on network access and monitoring policies.
- Knowledge on local, state and federal law enforcement and other related government agencies.
- Good ethical conduct
- Applicants need to be medically fit
- No criminal record
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Security management
Interested candidates should go apply through the below link and submit an application form for positions they are suitably qualified for.
Please click the employment opportunities tab and select Afghanistan from the list of countries. A list of positions will appear, please select those you wish to apply for. Candidates who do not apply through the above-mentioned link will not be considered for the shortlist. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap.
Note: The deadline for applications is for two weeks. However, interviews of suitable candidates may begin as applications are received. Please apply early.