Activation Date: 01 Jun, 2021 Announced Date: 30 Jul, 2021 Expire Date: 10 Jun, 2021
ACTED, the Agency for Technical Co-operation and Development is an NGO registered in France with global operations in Central Asia, Europe, Latin America, South Asia, Middle East and Africa. ACTED has been active in Afghanistan since 1993, and is one of the largest NGOs in the country, capitalizing on a continued 15-years presence in Afghanistan throughout successive regimes and on established operations throughout Central Asia. ACTED operates mainly in the North, Northeastern and Central areas of Afghanistan. Originally focused on humanitarian relief, ACTED Afghanistan is now working through an integrated development approach. Although still responsive to natural and humanitarian crisis, including support to flood and drought affected populations as well as sustainable reintegration for returnees, ACTED Afghanistan main area of intervention is now the promotion of community-driven rural development. Within this framework, ACTED Afghanistan is the largest NGO facilitating partner of the National Solidarity Programme, working in 1,721 communities spread over five provinces in the North. Its present operations reach about 7,8% of the Afghan rural population.
As part of ACTED’s Citizens Charter program team, the Provincial Trainer will train and assist the District Trainers, Social Mobilizers, and other key stakeholders e.g. CDCs/CCDCs/local authorities etc. The position requires frequent travel in the designated districts and communities.
ACTED has Provincial Trainer positions available in the following provinces: Faryab, Baghlan, Kunduz, Panshir, Takhar, Badakshan, Balkh. One (1) provincial trainer per province named.
- Leads training of trainers (TOT) activities for effective and efficient training delivery programs in provincial and district entities.
- Responsible for conducting quality assessments and enforcing quality control of training activities including training evaluation.
- Conducts training design, interactive methodologies, training delivery models.
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of trainers and facilitators and mentors and guides facilitators and trainers to improve training delivery.
- Responsible for providing all written reports on training activities from the field, including relevant documentation such as photographs.
- Organize and file reports, documents, and all relevant training materials and ensure that documentations are readily accessible.
- Responsible for facilitating substantive and logistical training support and requirements including organizing internal training and identifying necessary supplies.
- Identifies training needs of facilitators and trainers. Works and shares knowledge and skills with relevant staff in all departments.
- Coordinate with M&E to deliver feedback and evaluation about training activities on its quality and comprehensiveness and the corresponding improvements required of the trainers, if needed.
- Other relevant tasks.
- (Preferred) Bachelor’s degree or higher in rural development or similar and at least 3 years of relevant work experience
- (Minimum required) Higher Secondary School Completion Certificate plus training and certifications completed in relevant field and minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
- Adequacy for the assignment
- (Preferred) Work as Trainer of Trainers for a minimum period of 3 years in CDD/ rural development projects
- (Minimum required) Work as a trainer, monitor, or senior social organizer for a minimum period of 3 years in CDD/ Rural development projects
Experience in the region
- Experience working for minimum 2 years in Afghanistan in the stated provinces in the package Faryab, Baghlan, Kunduz, Panshir, Takhar, Badakshan, Balkh; and Afghanistan in other provinces
- Working knowledge of English, Dari, and Pashto (up to 4%)
Those who fulfill the above mentioned criteria should send their updated CV to below submission Email:
Kindly mentioned Vacancy number, position title along with province name in subject line or your application may not be considered.
Please do not send heavy size documents (i.e. Tazkira, Education documents, and work certificates)
Only shortlisted candidates will be call for the next stage of recruitment.
No CV will received after closing date.