Activation Date: 29 Mar, 2021 Announced Date: 28 Mar, 2021 Expire Date: 12 Apr, 2021
About HealthNet TPO:
HealthNet TPO is a Netherlands based not for profit, non-governmental organization founded on the principle that access to affordable quality health care is a basic human right. HealthNet TPO works with interdisciplinary professionals to develop and implement innovative, culturally appropriate, evidence based public health interventions with a focus on: innovative development of health systems, mental health and psychosocial care, long and short term training of health workers, control of communicable diseases (including malaria), and health financing schemes. HealthNet TPO offers ground-breaking and unconventional solutions that foster self-reliance and promote sustainable health care that is accessible to all.
HealthNet TPO in Afghanistan aims to improve the health status of the people in Afghanistan by supporting the local communities and the Government of Afghanistan in the development of a sustainable health care system. HealthNet TPO is working in Afghanistan since 1994, implementing integrated health projects managed mainly by national staff and supported technically by expatriate staff from the headquarter office. HealthNet TPO Afghanistan is providing Primary Health Care, Mental Health and psychosocial services, fighting malaria and supporting Mother & Child Health Care in terms of providing training for Community Midwifes and to conduct operation research. Health Net TPO is currently implementing projects in 22 provinces and the major program it implements are BPHS/EPHS, CME, CHNE, public private partnership, Mobile Health Teams for Nomads, Malaria Control program, Gender base Vilance, and Psychosocial program through a community system strengthening approach.
Abilities and core responsibilities:
The Psychosocial Counselor must be a graduate of a recognized social science or psychology or any medical institution university, or certified psychosocial counsellor by MOPH will be preferred. Be fluent in Dari/Pashto languages and should have working knowledge in English language. She is responsible for the planning, organizing, implementing of community based psychosocial counseling to people affected by the corona virus outbreak.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Development of PSS outreach plan, session reports and maintenance of individual data
- Provides PSS individual and group counseling according to standard psychosocial counselling guidelines for people affected by the corona virus outbreak. (General population, positive cases, family members of positive cases and those in self quarantine).
- Establishes and maintains good working relation with BPHS /EPHS implementers and concerned stakeholders for referral pathways.
- Conduct COVID-19 awareness sessions with communities.
- Conducts individual and group PSS counseling sessions at community level.
- Maintains respectful and professional attitude towards communities.
- Establishes and maintains a good recording and filling systems.
- At least three years of experience in community or facility based PSS/ Psychological support.
- University degree in medical or social science
- Training on mental health and psychosocial counselling
- Fluency in written and spoken local languages and working knowledge on English Language
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to rural locations in province.
- Ability to work alongside others under stressful conditions in conflict-prone situations
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send their CVs along with an application letter and apply Via E-mail to [email protected]
Please ensure to fill out the Health Net TPO application form which is available in http://www.acbar.org/applicationform
Write the number of vacancy and position you are applying for, in the subject line of your E-mail Add.
Incomplete applications or applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration.
Candidates who are meeting the above criteria will be shortlisted;
Country office Address,
HNO: 003, Main St: 005, Sello Road, DehNaw _Dehbori, District 03 Kabul, Afghanistan