Activation Date: 29 Mar, 2021 Announced Date: 28 Mar, 2021 Expire Date: 12 Apr, 2021
About HealthNet TPO:
HealthNet TPO is a Netherlands based not for profit, non-governmental organization founded on the principle that access to affordable quality health care is a basic human right. HealthNet TPO works with interdisciplinary professionals to develop and implement innovative, culturally appropriate, evidence based public health interventions with a focus on: innovative development of health systems, mental health and psychosocial care, long and short term training of health workers, control of communicable diseases (including malaria), and health financing schemes. HealthNet TPO offers ground-breaking and unconventional solutions that foster self-reliance and promote sustainable health care that is accessible to all.
HealthNet TPO in Afghanistan aims to improve the health status of the people in Afghanistan by supporting the local communities and the Government of Afghanistan in the development of a sustainable health care system. HealthNet TPO is working in Afghanistan since 1994, implementing integrated health projects managed mainly by national staff and supported technically by expatriate staff from the headquarter office. HealthNet TPO Afghanistan is providing Primary Health Care, Mental Health and psychosocial services, fighting malaria and supporting Mother & Child Health Care in terms of providing training for Community Midwifes and to conduct operation research. Health Net TPO is currently implementing projects in 22 provinces and the major program it implements are BPHS/EPHS, CME, CHNE, public private partnership, Mobile Health Teams for Nomads, Malaria Control program, Gender base Vilance, and Psychosocial program through a community system strengthening approach.
The Psychosocial Counselor works in the WFHS in Bahsood and in the field with GBV focal points to provide counseling to different types of GBV victims and do monitoring visits from the district hospitals and Comprehensive health centers in the province. she trains, supervise and evaluate the GBV focal points in the health centers to provide them support in psychosocial counseling to GBV victims and follow standard operation procedure (SOP) for referral of GBV victims.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
To supervise and manage the coordination with focal points in the assigned healthcare facilities
Responsible for day to day management of all psychosocial counseling related tasks in WFHS.
- Keeping all records confidential
- To facilitate GBV victims’ visits with the psychiatrist, medical doctor, gynecologist and others physician in Regional Hospital, Provincial Hospital as necessary.
- To work closely with the health facilities for implementation of standard referral protocol for GBV victims.
- To conduct a regular follow up of the cases entering WFHS.
- To conduct regular M& E visits to the focal points in the assigned healthcare facilities
- To insure confidentiality including all client records and WFHS records
- Try her best to protect GBV victims from further harm.
- To assist GBV victims in designing a Safety Plan for life threatening situations
- To follow procedures ensuring the confidentiality of GBV victim at every step
- To follow ethical guidelines of GBV response established by WFHS
- To provide on job training to psychosocial counselors in other healthcare facilities.
- Report on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to immediate supervisor.
- Attend all relevant meetings requested by supervisor relevant to the project goals.
- Assist in other duties at WFHS, requested by supervisor.
Tasks of Relations with External Agencies and other organizations:
- Meet with provincial Government departments such as department of Justice, Interior, Women’s Affairs; Office of Attorney General, police departments and NGOs such as BPHS/EPHS implementers and GBV/Gender actors, legal actors, protection and human rights agencies.
- Continue and expand relationships with NGOs, local government officials
Miscellaneous Tasks/NON-Routine Tasks:
- Perform any other project related duty assigned by and WFHS in charge and Project Manager.
- Assist the GBV Coordinator and other management staff in tasks as required.
Measures of Standards of Performance:
- Judgment by the immediate supervisor (GBV FPC In Charge/Project Manager/Deputy Project Manager) in his/her own observations, feedback from the staff, implementing partners.
- Female psychosocial counselor or at least graduated from Midwifery and certified Psychosocial counseling.
- Having 2 years work experience
- Having work experience in the field of GBV
- Ability to work alongside others under stressful conditions in conflict-prone situations
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send their CVs along with an application letter and apply Via E-mail to [email protected]
Please ensure to fill out the Health Net TPO application form which is available in http://www.acbar.org/applicationform
Write the number of vacancy and position you are applying for, in the subject line of your E-mail Add.
Incomplete applications or applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration.
Candidates who are meeting the above criteria will be shortlisted;
Country office Address,
HNO: 003, Main St: 005, Sello Road, DehNaw _Dehbori, District 03 Kabul, Afghanistan