Activation Date: 22 May, 2021 Announced Date: 22 May, 2021 Expire Date: 31 May, 2021
About National Water Affairs Regulation Authority :
In accordance with the Decree 36 of the presidential office of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in view of national politics and strategy of the country during 1398, the National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA) has been established from one existing ministry: Ministry of Energy and Water.
The Government of Afghanistan has identified the rehabilitation and expansion of the country’s physical infrastructure as one of its highest priorities for the reconstruction and development of Afghanistan. As part of the basic economic infrastructure of the country, the water sector occupies special prominence in the Government’s development plans. Several major Water sector projects, funded by the National Development Budget and by international financial institutions and donors, are presently under implementation and planning under the general oversight of the National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA).
Given the technical complexity of the Water sector and the particular demands posed by the coordination of the projects that are being funded by various sources, the NWARA assists its administration that will be based in Kabul and will reinforce NWARA in its internal and external activities and projects smoothness and speediness in fulfilling its obligations for water sector development.
General Scope of the job
National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA) will have a numerous Dams feasibility studies projects and several detailed design and construction of dam’s project in the Years (1399-1404). The above-mentioned projects will be awarded to national and international competent companies.
The companies will submit the studies reports, design packages and construction submittals to National Water Affairs Regulation Authority for review; to conduct the review on a professional manner the NWARA is seeking for employments of competent professionals.
Job description, Responsibilities and Tasks
- Review the Project’s Study Report for quantity and cost estimation and proposes amendatory/ corrective and productive recommendation.
- Review the project’s Study report for quantity and cost estimation and issue No Objection on behalf of Client if the document meets the applicable standard measurement methods or when the document revised based on his/her recommendations.
- Review the quantity and cost estimation reports of the feasibility studies and detailed designs of dams, canals, irrigation projects and hydraulic structures with in the required time frame and issue comments if any.
- Conducting practical quantity and cost estimation of dams, canals, irrigation projects and hydraulic structures with the required time frame.
- Preparation of formats for quantity cost estimation survey of dams, canals, irrigation projects and hydraulic structures.
- Teaching of survey capacity building courses to the NWARA Engineers whenever needed.
- Provide quantities and cost estimation for water infrastructure projects.
- Review of topographic maps, profiles, cross-sections.
- Attending the technical boards meetings, meetings with NWARA and meetings with contractors and others.
- Preparation of the monthly activity reports.
- Will need travel to provinces.
- Any other task assigned by the related supervisor.
The candidate shall be at least BSc in Civil engineering/survey with following qualifications and experience:
- Fully Expert in Civil 3D software.
- In-depth knowledge in the subject of survey, quantity survey and cost estimation.
- Fully expert in preparation of topographic maps, Plans, grading plans and profiles using civil 3D.
- Estimation of the volume of the dam reservoirs using topographic maps
- At least 5 years’ experience in quantity and cost estimation work.
- Fully expert in using of survey instruments (Total station, Level, transit, GPS and others).
- Fully familiar with international standards of quantity measurement.
- Reading and Speaking fluently in English.
Interested and qualified Individuals who want to apply for the position are required to follow the below instructions:
Write Application Letter explaining your suitability for the position.
Fill NWARA/MSU Job Application Form.
Send your Letter and Application Form, Education certificate and experience document in one single document (PDF). CV is not acceptable only fill the Application letter, Otherwise Cv will be ignored without any consideration.
Indicate Position Title and Vacancy No. on the subject line of the Email.
Only short listed candidates whose education and experiences correspond to the job requirements will be contacted for further steps.
Incomplete and wrong applications will be ignored without any consideration.
National Water Affairs Regulation Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
Download the Application format and Job Application Form from below links: Page number #1 /Application Number #14
The candidates who send their Application Form without any supporting document will be omitted from the process
Applicants can submit their applications hard copies to the following address:
Human Resources Section of National Water Affairs Regulation Authority Support Unit
National Water Affairs Regulation Authority
District #7 Dar-Ul-Aman Road,:
Mohebullah Majrooh +93(0)789777778/775666111
Mohammad Naser Moradi +93(0)744252320