Activation Date: 29 Mar, 2021 Announced Date: 29 Mar, 2021 Expire Date: 04 Apr, 2021
About IRC (International Rescue Committee) :
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 9 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 500 staff.
- Oversight and design of Technical Project database to oversee and collate key project MEAL deliverables across Implementation Partners and Consortium Members
- Creation and maintenance of standards and procedural documentation related to reporting solutions.
- Creating complex query definitions that allow data to be extracted.
- Training and managing related staff on IM related Issues
- Setting up and testing new database and data handling systems
- Designing and preparing reports for management
- Develops and maintains complex administrative database reports
- Maintains database results by setting and enforcing standards and controls
- Prepares for database expansion by studying plans and requirements; advising senior technical management; coordinating design and programming
- Ensure that databases meet user requirements by keeping the database up to date and monitoring database efficiency
- Support the project team in developing, writing quality project reports (monthly, quarterly, annual, and final reports).
- Support the organization M&E team to develop the required reporting formats and database.
- Keeps senior technical management informed by preparing reports on system performance and problems.
- Creates and maintains standards and procedural documentation related to reporting solutions.
- Train and educates project team on data collection tools and equipment.
- Inform the management on the progress of the project activities and highlight the delays in the implementation
- Verify data with Actual implementation with field level
- Regular Field visit to provinces
- Provide technical support to the education team in meeting the ECW project deliverables
- Coordinate with the education team and provide accurate data on project activities
- Coordinate with IPs on related data issues
- Attend forums and meetings of the project and the CBE/EiE WG meetings overall in Kabul.
- Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized by your supervisor
- Abide by IRC personnel policies and regulations; follow any new procedures and guidelines introduced in circulars from Country Office
- Report any violations of the IRC Mandatory Reporting Policy. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
- Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
- Perform any other duties assigned by your supervisor or Kabul main office
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Master degree holder will be preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in developing of database, tools for databases, data analysis and generating report from database.
- On-the-job coaching skills for the supervised staff.
- Strong personnel leadership skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain a productive relationships with government and non-government organizations.
- Knowledge of the value of education in Holy Islam, child development and the current trends of education in Afghanistan.
- Knowledge of the local community structure, dynamics and development.
- Good written communication skills in English; excellent skills in Pashto, skills in Dari will also be an asset.
- Ability to frequently travel to the target communities in the districts, and to Kabul.
Note: Application received without exact position title, vacancy no and location will be directly disqualified from the process.
interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with copies of their CVs (NOT Educational and Work Certificates), to the attention of the Human Resources Department to the following address or email us on ([email protected]).
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for written test and after that for interview. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post.
IRC Afghanistan Country Office – Kabul
House 34, Street No.4 Taimani District 10, Close to Haji Mohammad Dad Mosque