Activation Date: 30 May, 2021 Announced Date: 30 May, 2021 Expire Date: 07 Jun, 2021
About IRC (International Rescue Committee) :
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 9 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 500 staff.
- Ensuring that the cash payment hours are considered while making payments.
- Providing support to team members during the monthly and yearly closure of the accounts.
- Posting Daily Transaction into Spread sheet.
- Clear Online Budget Verses Actual (BVA) System for Cash & bank Payments
- Provide in time complete and accurate documents and backup supports to the internal audit when needed.
- Under the direct supervision of field Finance Manager/Officer to ensure each and every cash distribution process is done to the target beneficiaries by crosschecking issued token number, checking beneficiary ID card and other criteria at the time of distribution.
- Submit bank transfer application and any other form to bank and ensure that documents submitted on time to related banks IRC is using.
- Reconciliation of bank accounts with spread sheet records.
- Report any suspicion or doubt related to any payment that includes cash distribution documents to the field finance/Field Coordinator or Kabul finance in timely manner.
- Be able to conduct regular market check and verify procurement purchases prices to ensure accountability and transparency mechanisms are in place.
- Crosscheck and prepare of updated monthly fund request and forecast statement to the Kabul finance department after field finance and Coordinator approval.
- Make sure to deduct tax against the suppliers which is applied for tax according to the Government of Afghanistan tax law.
- Prepare and Submit field office Tax Report to Kabul Finance on time
- Having good relationship with other department staff and suppliers.
- Make payments and receipts in accordance with finance procedures;
- Any other Task assigned by provincial Finance Manager
- Must be computer literate: MS Excel and MS word packages
- Bachelor degree – prior experience with computerized accounting package
- At least 2-3 years working experience with other NGOs/UN agencies with finance background
- To able to travel to the districts and other field sites when required
- Detail orientated, organized, and able to work well in fast paced environment.
- Should be able to communicate effectively in English (written and verbal skills)
- Should be able to work in cross-cultural environment
- Should be a team-player, with flexible working habits and willingness to take on additional tasks as required to forward the aims of the team
- Should have team spirit, and work to foster good cooperation with other colleagues in the team and wider IRC Country Program.
All qualified candidates are requested to open the given link and follow the instructions:
applications received without a given link and/or online system will be disqualified and remove from the entire process.
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for interviews. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post. IRC Afghanistan Country Office, Qala-e-Fathullah, Street # 3, District 10, Old UNOCHA Office, Beside Fatemia Mosque.
Refer to submission guideline