Activation Date: 04 Apr, 2021 Announced Date: 04 Apr, 2021 Expire Date: 13 Apr, 2021
About Voice of Women Organization:
Voice of Women Organization (VWO) is an Afghanistan-based non-governmental, non-profit, non-political, and non-partisan organization that specifically strives for the revival of women’s role in Afghan societies through advocacy for women’s rights, their legal and social protection, and their capacity building.
VWO informally established in Kabul in 1998 to run covert schools for girls under the repressive regime of the Taliban, VWO was registered with the Government of Afghanistan as the first women’s organization in the post-Taliban setup. The organization has since carried out scores of projects for the socio-economic advancement of Afghan women and girls. Voice of women organization established a headquarter office in 2004 in Herat province. In the beginning, it focused on women-related matters, and later on, in 2005, VWO established the first women protection center in Herat province.
Currently, the organization is operating in 7 provinces (Herat, Ghor, Farah, Nimroz, Badghis, Daikondy, and Faryab) of Afghanistan having 6 projects with more than 240 employees working toward achieving its mission.
Title: Security officer
Dept. / Location: Security / Herat Afghanistan
Reports to: Senior Admin Officer
Description: The security officer is responsible to be in close contact with the security authorities, receive any security concerns/ threats information from them and share with VWO personnel and must be able to train and simulate the emergency events and first aid kit to the guards.
He will also get update on daily activities and irregularities (Theft, property damage, presence of suspicious persons, unexpected incidents and lack of proper functioning of equipment) and take practical measures to fix them.
- Maintain high level of oversight for physical security issues at offices, woman protection centers-WPCs and guesthouses.
- He must keep local security information trees and disseminate security flash alerts and advisories to staff when required.
- He is responsible for Keeping track of different events, Implementing security protocols, Conducting security evaluations, and Supervising security staff members.
- He is required to keep good communication and relationship with all security entities in western provinces of Afghanistan and maintain their updates contact numbers.
- Must create a messaging group with all security officers to enable them reporting security incidents smoothly with instant messaging via cellphone.
- Make sure that staff follow security procedures and guidelines through training programs, assessments and follow up.
- Make sure that staff follow security procedures in regards to the COVID 19 measurements.
- Perform security process evaluations and inspections
- Identify and protect Organization assets through the development and implementation of security protocols
- He must have the ability to provide safety trainings against natural incidents.
- Attend local security network meetings at provincial headquarter, INSO, UNDS and as required.
- Develop and prepare briefing materials in local languages for VWO staff and WPCs’ residents.
- Conduct route analysis while transporting cases from WPCs to the court or any other places, and provide best security advises during movements.
- Provide safety and security thoughts on establishment of safe houses within offices and the WPCs.
- Investigate and follow up on security incidents where VWO staff or assets are involved.
- Must brief all new staff on security conditions and rules.
- Provide weekly security update reports for the security operations team.
- Must report to the CP security as required.
- Perform any other assignments/duties that might be assigned by immediate supervisor.
Position Requirements: (Qualifications)
- Completed Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in relevant field of work.
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in the field of the security operations in Afghanistan.
- Working knowledge of any required computer programs and security technology
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- At least 3 years of Previous experience in a security officer function
- Fluent in Dari and Pashto Languages with strong proficiency in oral and written English.
Interested candidates who can meet the criteria must send their updated CV to the following email address mentioned in this announcement. Please refuse sending of big size file such of certificates and other extra documents. Keep in mind to write the Vacancy number (VWO-229) in the subject line of your email.