Activation Date: 07 Jun, 2021 Announced Date: 07 Jun, 2021 Expire Date: 20 Jun, 2021
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
ACTED manages several initiatives, including the REACH Initiative. REACH’s purpose is to provide granular data, timely information, and in-depth analysis to support the humanitarian community’s decision making and planning capacity for emergency, reconstruction and development contexts. The work of the REACH Initiative directly feeds into aid response and decision-making by providing accessible and precise information on the humanitarian situation of crisis-affected populations.
REACH Initiative has been present in Afghanistan since 2016, providing a growing evidence base for humanitarian response planning through sectoral, multi-sectoral and area-based assessments as well as information management services.
- Support data collection in the field
- Develop/code data collection forms using ODK/KOBO XlS forms and review draft questionnaires before deployment.
- Support in translations and review of data collection forms
- Follow-up on data technical issues about data collection in Afghanistan
- Manage data cleaning and maintenance of databases
- Provide support to other REACH team members as required in data aspects.
- Ensure data quality assurance
- Responsible for data cleaning, and support on debriefings
- Monitor accuracy of data collected
- Cross-check of data, ensure regular updates and solve eventual discrepancies
- In coordination with the REACH Country Focal point, under the direct supervision of the REACH Sr. Database Officer/Database Manager, participate in coordination platforms based in Kabul as needed and relevant.
- BA in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Economy or relevant discipline;
- At least 1-2 years of relevant working experience in humanitarian, or development, through either research, evaluation, assessments, or programs
- Flexibility and adaptability are essential, as well as the ability to plan, take initiative, and organize work independently. In addition, Impartiality, objectivity, and confidentiality are imperative;
Those who fulfill the above mentioned criteria should send their updated CV to below submission Email:
Kindly mentioned Vacancy number, position title along with province name in subject line or your application may not be considered.
Please do not send heavy size documents (i.e. Tazkira, Education documents, and work certificates)
Only shortlisted candidates will be call for the next stage of recruitment.
No CV will received after closing date.