Activation Date: 06 Apr, 2021 Announced Date: 06 Apr, 2021 Expire Date: 20 Apr, 2021
About Women Economic Empowerment Rural Development Program/MoWA :
The Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MoWA) was established in 2001 under the Bonn Agreement. Until the third quarter of fiscal year 2020, as a government institution for advocacy and coordination, it was dedicated to plan, implement, and monitor programs within its strategic plan and national and international commitments. With the support of the leadership from the GoIRA, other governmental institutions, and non-governmental organizations, particularly, in the past five years, according to its “activities procedure”, it becomes a policy-making ministry and have brought significant changes in the life of Afghan women.
With the changes in the leadership of the ministry in 2020 and the commitment of the president of the GoIRA, it became an executive institution in addition to policy making. The initial steps to improve the quality and effectively address women’s issues taken to improve its plans and organizational structure through evaluation and consultation with women, domestic and foreign elites considering social, economic, cultural, financial and political aspects. Based on the consultations, a Deputy for Women Economic Empowerment was established in the structure of the Ministry of Women Affairs.
Objectives of the Ministry
The goal(s) of the Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MoWA) are effectiveness and quality in all national and local programs, empowerment of women at national level through, participation, coordination, and evaluation for balanced and effective development with national values.
Women Economic Empowerment-Rural Development Project (WEE-RDP) is a flagship national initiative of the GoIRA and part of the Sustainable Economy Growth pillar of MOWA, which intends to increase social and economic empowerment of rural poor women in selected communities during a five-year project. It would work in 5000 villages in all 34 provinces across Afghanistan in close collaboration with Citizen Charter (CC) and assuring convergence with other MoWA projects, NHLP project of MAIL, Access to Finance project (TUP) of World Bank, etc. The project will work closely work with Micro Finance Institutions (MFIs) and other stakeholders from financial sector to promote access to finance in selected rural areas.
- Receive data from various units of Regional offices and enter into MIS system.
- Review Data to ensure accuracy.
- Perform quality control checks on the received data and removes erroneous information in accordance with established validation procedures.
- Scan documents and do back-office work
- Update and maintain information on computer systems and in archives.
- Organize and manage the storage of data.
- Prepare updated reports on program’s progress ensuring all reporting requirements are met on time and in a quality manner.
- Produce various reports and information by linking M&E Data to main MIS database to identify discrepancies.
- Produce Regional Program monthly progress reports.
- Maintain efficient filing system of monthly reports and consolidated program progress reports.
- Support the setup and implementation of MIS System in the province.
- Prepare weekly and monthly activity plan.
- Develop close working relationships with all Regional units and field staff.
- Provide various trainings to Regional staff in data collection and information management.
- Perform other tasks relevant to the post as required.
- Regional MIS officer will report to PMO MIS Manager on technical issues, but on administrative
- issues he/she is accountable to report to their respective Regional Managers.
- A bachelor’s degree preferably within Statistics, mathematics, IT or in related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field
- Minimum 4 years’ experience of working within government or private sector in the relational Database management systems.
- Good hand on experience to use MS Excel and MS Access packages.
- The candidate should have fluency in Pashto/Dari, and good written and spoken English language skills, good communication, strong computer knowledge and organizational skills.
- Must be proactive with good problem-solving skills; and have the ability to interact with a range of people.
- Basic understanding of Relational Database Management Systems like Microsoft SQL Server.
- Excellent in dealing with numbers, preparing tables, pivot tables and Charts etc.
- Understanding basic GIS will be an asset.
- Ability to build and sustain effective work relationships with a diverse range of clients, partners, peers and subordinates to achieve common goals;
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Professionalism in appearance and demean our;
- Willingness to enhance knowledge through training and personal initiative.
- Willingness and ability to travel in rural Afghanistan.
Interested Afghans with the required qualifications and experience should submit their applications electronically through [email protected]
While submitting your applications please mention the Title of the position plus Vacancy Number in the subject of the e-mail; please do NOT submit any other supporting documentation or educational certificates with your application. If you are short listed you will be asked to submit electronic copies of your educational certificates and if you are invited to written test you will be required to present the original certificates. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date of the position. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test Note: In the interests of open and fair competition and a merit based selection process applicants are advised that lobbying for a position , whether by the applicant or by any person acting on his or her behalf, shall result in the immediate disqualification of the candidate from further consideration. Applicants are strongly advised to inform potential supporters of this restriction which shall be strictly enforced.
Please don’t forget to type the Vacancy Announcement Number (001/021/HR/WEE-RDP/MoWA) in Subject while applying online. Application without vacancy number will not be accepted.
The Ministry of Women’s Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan is highly committed to increase women’s participation in government sector therefore women are highly encouraged to apply.