Activation Date: 23 May, 2021 Announced Date: 23 May, 2021 Expire Date: 30 May, 2021
About IRC (International Rescue Committee) :
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 9 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 500 staff.
- Search all female guests and visitors before admitting them to IRC premises.
- Receive female visitors entering the office and direct them to correct destination.
- On a daily basis, straighten rooms and clean floors/ carpets, surfaces and fixtures in assigned facilities to proscribed standards and in keeping with assigned schedules.
- Maintain the order and cleanliness of cleaning supply closets and cabinets. Request cleaning supplies and equipment, as needed, in a timely fashion. Maintain cleaning equipment and materials in good and clean condition.
- Clean bathrooms and eating areas daily to maintain cleanliness and hygiene.
- Empty wastebaskets daily. Prepare for scheduled trash pick-up. Remove equipment boxes and shipping containers for storage or disposal, as directed.
- Sweep walkways, external stairs and outer areas at least once a day. Pick up and dispose of litter.
- Clean windows, refrigerators, fans, air-conditioners, lighting fixtures, as needed or scheduled. Wash carpets, as needed or scheduled.
- Provide laundry and cooking/kitchen services, as assigned.
- Provide emergency or spot-cleaning assistance, as needed or requested.
- Maintain back-up supplies of water, as needed.
- Help to prepare rooms for meetings and other activities, as assigned.
- Identify and report maintenance concerns, including but not limited to: problems with plumbing, light fixtures, windows, doors, and cleaning equipment.
- Participate in professional training and development activities, as needed or requested.
- Perform other duties, as needed or requested.
- To report any violations of the IRC Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Code of Conduct. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
- Having knowledge of using electronic equipment for cleaning.
- 2-3 years relevant experience
- Secondary school
Note: Application received without exact position title and location will be directly disqualified from the process.
interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with copies of their CVs (NOT Educational and Work Certificates), to the attention of the Human Resources Department at the following address or email us on ([email protected]).
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for an interview. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post.
IRC Afghanistan Country Office – Kabul
Qala-e-Fathullah, Street 3, close to Takyakhana-e-Fatimia, District 10