Activation Date: 29 Mar, 2021 Announced Date: 29 Mar, 2020 Expire Date: 04 Apr, 2021
About Aga Khan Education Services, Afghanistan:
Aga Khan Education Services (AKES), an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), is one of the largest private, not-for-profit, non-denominational educational networks in the developing world to improve the quality of life of the communities. Through the provision of ECD, formal (K-12) and non-formal education programs, AKES seeks to enable all children and students to acquire both knowledge and the essential wisdom needed to balance that knowledge and enable them to attain the highest fulfilment.
AKES Afghanistan (AKES,A) started its operation in Afghanistan in 2003. Ever since, AKES,A has been providing quality ECD and non-formal education programs that benefitted thousands of children and students living in marginalized areas. Currently, AKES,A is operating in 6 provinces namely Kabul, Baghlan, Kunduz, Balkh, Samangan and Badakhshan reaching to over 25,000 children and students through one Central Office in Kabul, three Regional Offices and several Hub Offices.
Regional Senior Officer, Administration under direct supervision of regional manager is responsible to lead overall administration tasks and activities (procurement, travel, transport, stock & inventory management) at regional level with technical support of national administration team. He is also responsible for providing technical support to the center level at the region on related activities. In additional to assist national administration manager on collecting and preparing of required reports on monthly, quarterly and yearly base
- Assist Manager Administration on implementation and follow up of administration related policies and procedures at the region.
- Implement the internal controller system for procurement, travel, transport, stock and inventory management of goods and services, proper documentation of the mentioned field related acctivties in the region.
- Manage and oversee the assets’ register, maintenance, disposal and transfer at region.
- Lead capex projection and procurement and travel planning on annual basis.
- Lead the purchase committee in the region.
- Identify the proper vendor and supplier/ options for regional procurement and staffs’ travel arragnemnt.
- Manage and supervise staffs’ travel facility and accommodations arrangement for their official travel.
- Manage and oversee the stock, office inventory and transportation at regions.
- Manage support sectors of Administration, logistics and transport in the course of their daily functions.
- Manage and supervise staffs’ pick and drop facility and side visits.
- Keep proper record in the stock register and maintain receipt and issuance of all supplies and stationary items.
- Random visit of regions and centers to monitor the stock and office inventory management.
- Supervision administration staff members in the region
- Manage and Superwise event management in the region.
- Do proper contract management of goods and services at regions and central offices.
- Any other related activity instructed by supervisor.
- To carry out the roles and responsibilities in a way which reflects AKES, A’s commitment to safeguarding and protection of children, vulnerable adults, beneficiaries, partners, visitiors, community members and employees in accordance with AKES, A’s Safeguarding policy, Anti-Cyber Bullying Policy and Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Any tasks delegated by manager.
- Ensure materails and equipment are procured effectively and efficiently drawing from best practices in markets.
- To carry out the roles and responsibilities in a way which reflects AKES, A’s commitment to protecting children, beneficiaries, partners, community members and employees in accordance with Safeguarding Manual and Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Responsible for all type of procurement & purchasing of goods and services in the region.
- Responsible for all stock, inventory and transport management in the region.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration
- Experience in roles with administration and financial responsibilities.
- 3 years of procurement experience related.
- Good computer skills (MS Office Package) and report writing skills in English.
- 3 Excellent Communication skill with internal and external beneficiary and suppliers
- Excellent team building and participatory management skills.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter in one PDF file mentioning the position title (Senior Admin & Procurement Officer- VA-2021-024) in the subject of the email, to the below email address:
E-mail: [email protected]
Female applicants, who meet the above stated requirements, are encouraged to apply.
Your details and information shared on this advertisement shall remain confidential.