Activation Date: 19 May, 2021 Announced Date: 19 May, 2021 Expire Date: 28 May, 2021
About Citizen Charter/MRRD:
The Citizens’ Charter is a National Priority Program (NPP) of the National Unity Government (NUG) that was officially launched on September 25, 2016. The Citizens’ Charter is an inter-ministerial, multi-sectorial NPP, where Ministries have collaborated to provide basic services to rural communities. The key service delivery ministries involved are: Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development (MRRD), Independent Directorate of Local Governance (IDLG), Ministry of Education (MoE), Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) and Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL), with oversight by Ministry of Finance (MoF). MRRD has a key role and will be responsible for infrastructural development and strengthening CDCs and Cluster CDCs. The Community Development Councils (CDCs) will be linked to sub-national government to improve communication and coordination from the community to the district, provincial and national levels – increasing Government visibility and accountability. The Citizens’ Charter is an important foundation for the Government’s reform agenda, contributing to a number of priority areas including: Ensuring Citizens’ Development Rights; Building Better Governance; Reforming Development Planning & Management and Developing Partnerships. The Citizens’ Charter intends to improve service delivery by ensuring minimum service standards, provide greater responsiveness by the Government to the people and increase the level of public satisfaction with services. The Charter commits to deliver the following core services across the country over a 10 year period:
• Basic health services
• Basic education access
• Safe drinking water and sanitation
• Improved farming technologies and the delivery of extension services
• Rural connectivity with tertiary roads
• Rural renewable energy
PEACE Pilot :
After years of continued conflict and war, Afghanistan is witnessing partial stability and peace in some provinces and cities which were under intense conflicts. However, these areas are still vulnerable to insecurity. The critical component for lasting peace depends on improved security situation, effective law and order, and local economic development and reintegration of people former displaced or combatants into communities. The Government of Afghanistan is striving to enhance security and establish rule of law in target population. In parallel with these efforts,
The objective of the peace pilot is to support a social peace initiative at the local level by creating the conditions for improved social cohesion, enhanced mutual cooperation, and a harmonized peaceful environment by using the established, trusted local Community Development Councils.
This peace pilot will develop trust and social cohesion within and between communities, and promote inter-ethnic and inter-group interaction, dialogue and understanding. It aims to influence attitudes and behaviours through promoting values of peace and tolerance.
Support CDD Head, preparing work plan, complete capacity building report on regularly base and focus on Capacity Building of Peace field staff (Trainers, Social Organizers, CDCs and communities
- Support the Division in capacity building of CCAP-Peace Pilot staff (Social Organizers, Provincial Trainers and Capacity Building Coordinators on the Social Manual PRA/PLA Tools
- Collect training materials and prepare training manuals-based field requirement,
- Plan and implement the decentralized cascade down trainings using the finalized Training Manuals
- Support capacity building officer at HQ level, provincial trainerand SOs as required, complete training need assessment conduct on the job or refresher training as required
- Work closely with the Subprograms and Bilateral Funds Management Divisionand other CCAP divisions on planning and implementing Peace activities
- Monitor on regular base provincial trainers training, at provincial offices, district offices and community level,
- Monitor provincial trainers’ activities base on quality during process and after process
- Check the MIS system on regularly base to make sure all communities PRA posters are in good quality
- Support field colleagues for the quality of social mobilization and institution building based Peace manuals,
- Support CDD head in preparation of training plan, guidelines and manuals based on program requirement
- Support all Sr. Training Officer and Sr. Capacity Building Officers for the compiling training reports from conducted trainings
- Vision-building and translating that vision into activities (action plans) that contribute towards peace.
- Support Field staff how to bringing local perspectives to peace discussions in higher level peace jirgas that are organized by other actors (E.g., State Ministry of Peace; NGOs and other Civil Society Actors that work towards peace) with the aim to improve mutual respect and tolerance.
- Support Field staff how to repair and provide equipment for local canters (e.g., local community halls, educational centers, library and / or training halls) that can serve as venue for meetings and cultural activities in the context of the peace program (Urban Only).
- Support Field staffs how to conduct peace dialogues for social peace at the community level and cluster community.
- Bachelor’s degree in social Sciences (Business Administration, Law, Economy or Public Administration), and any other related field
- Any/all education documents without attestation of the ministry of higher education will not be considered.
- Minimum 5years’experience in the related field.
- Fluency in English, Dari and/or Pashto in speech, writing and comprehension.
- Computer literate especially Ms. Office and database programs like Ms. Access etc.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with a service-oriented outlook.
- Committed and ability to work for long hours when required.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks.
- Able to persuade and negotiate with people to ensure that standards are met
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Management and team leadership ability
- having the required skills in general management
Other skills and Requirement of the positions:
- Job knowledge
- Motivation/Self Reliance
- Team Work Ability
- Planning and organization
Required Knowledge & Skills:
NOTE: The level and scope of the following knowledge and skills are related to duties listed under the “Job Responsibilities” section of this ToR.
- Knowledge and Experience in Facilitating PRA / PLA tools (minimum 4 years)
- Knowledge in Training Needs Assessment (TNAs), Training of Trainers (ToTs) and training implementation.
- Working knowledge of personal computers including word processing, database, and spreadsheet applications (is desirable)
- Fluency in English (listening, reading, writing, speaking) is desirable
- Fluency in both Pashto and Dari is desirable
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all related stakeholders
- Willingness to travel inside the country.
Please send your up-to-date CV, required Bachelor degree certified by Ministry of Higher Education and all work certificates as per your CV, before closing date, (please make sure that the size of documents that you attach does not exceed 4MBs), if any of the mentioned documents are not sent/provided, it will be considered as uncompleted documents and the candidate will not be short listed for the position, he/she applied for. Interested Afghan Nationals should submit their applications in writing (clearly indicating on the subject line the title of the position and Vacancy Announcement Number E.g., Senior capacity Building Officer (PEACE Pilot)- 511/HRMD/CCNPP/MRRD to: [email protected];
Important Note: any/all applications without the mentioned subject line will not be considered.
Note for the Candidates
The MRRD/CCNPP strongly encourages women candidates to apply. It applies a pro-active and positive discrimination policy towards women candidates as follows:
Women candidates with slightly lower than the stated required experience will also be considered.
If offered this position, the woman position holder will be allowed an adult male or female relative as a Mahrram for official travel, if/when required.
The MRRD and its CCNPP will promote a woman-friendly environment with clear anti-harassment policies enforced.
The Human Resources Management and Development Division
Tashkilat Street, District 6th, Darul Aman
Citizens Charter National Priority Program
Ministry of Rural and Rehabilitation and Development