Activation Date: 26 May, 2021 Announced Date: 26 May, 2020 Expire Date: 07 Jun, 2021
About Conflict Mitigation Assistance for Civilians (COMAC):
Bluemont’s Conflict Mitigation Assistance for Civilians (COMAC) program provides comprehensive victims’ assistance (VA) to Afghan families suffering from military operations by delivering direct and indirect assistance, building the capacity of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA), advocacy, and outreach.
To build a sustainable base for VA in Afghanistan, COMAC focuses on building the capacity of GIRoA, especially Ministry of Martyrs and Disabled Affairs (MMD), as the main governmental entity for VA services while also addressing the broader challenges of collecting and managing data, national- and provincial-level stakeholder coordination, resource mobilization, enacting rights-based legislation and policies, and the systemic inclusion of victims and mainstreaming VA across sectors and programs. Capacity building efforts include participatory capacity assessments and workshops, reinforcing knowledge transfer for sustainability, coordinating with relevant service providers, and institutionalizing capacity building for the future. Together, these efforts touch on individual, organizational, and institutional levels.
Blumont is seeking candidates for position of Sr. Health Specialist to perform the following functions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Contribute towards the preparation of the Situation Analysis by overseeing collection, analysis and evaluation of information, and providing the technical guidance and input.
- Ensure objectives and targets are timely met and achieved meeting the requirements and quality standards, through full coordination between activities, by leading and supporting a team of professional and support staff.
- Undertake field visits to monitor projects, as well as participates in periodic programmed reviews with government counterparts and other partners.
- Provide expert guidance and technical support to government and NGOs at the national and provincial levels in the planning, development and implementation stages of the programs/projects.
- Coordinate with Operations and Supply staff on supply and non-supply assistance activities ensuring COMAC accountability.
- Participate in major evaluation exercises, program mid-term review, annual sector review and preview meetings.
- Ensure the timely preparation of annual sector status reports in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures.
- Collaborate in forming emergency preparedness plan relating to the areas of responsibility
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Professional technical experience matching the mentioned duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Medicine or Public Health required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience (8 years of experience strongly preferred) with USG or other donor-funded development projects focused on livelihoods.
- Knowledge and understanding of the complexity related to refugee and IDP situations
- Proven experience interacting with government officials in politically sensitive environments
- Fluency in English, Dari and Pashto required: read, write, and fluent conversation
- Excellent communication skills
- Independent self-starter, capable of following guidance and transforming it into actions
- Excellent interpersonal relationships with national and international staff, in a multicultural environment and multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to travel within project areas as required
- Ability to work well in a cross-cultural environment
- Attention to detail
- Proven organizational and administrative management skills
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships between work units and departments
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written; fluent written and spoken English, Dari and Pashto.
- Ability to develop policy and procedure guidelines
- Ability to coach, mentor, delegate appropriately & provide departmental guidance to staff
- Good adaptability and ability to work under extreme pressure
- Proven leadership, teambuilding, & problem-solving skills
- Excellent critical thinking, decision making and negotiation skills
- High level of integrity, independence and initiative
- Strong customer service and ability to work quickly under deadlines.
- This will be a Kabul based position with expected travel up to 50%.
Interested applicant are highly encouraged to apply for this position by filling the online application form and upload their cover letters and CVs through the following link:
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Note: Female candidates and People with Disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply