Activation Date: 23 May, 2021 Announced Date: 20 May, 2021 Expire Date: 29 May, 2021
ACTED, the Agency for Technical Co-operation and Development is an NGO registered in France with global operations in Central Asia, Europe, Latin America, South Asia, Middle East and Africa. ACTED has been active in Afghanistan since 1993, and is one of the largest NGOs in the country, capitalizing on a continued 15-years presence in Afghanistan throughout successive regimes and on established operations throughout Central Asia. ACTED operates mainly in the North, Northeastern and Central areas of Afghanistan. Originally focused on humanitarian relief, ACTED Afghanistan is now working through an integrated development approach. Although still responsive to natural and humanitarian crisis, including support to flood and drought affected populations as well as sustainable reintegration for returnees, ACTED Afghanistan main area of intervention is now the promotion of community-driven rural development. Within this framework, ACTED Afghanistan is the largest NGO facilitating partner of the National Solidarity Programme, working in 1,721 communities spread over five provinces in the North. Its present operations reach about 7,8% of the Afghan rural population.
Site Engineer must do manage the all duty according to his plan provided from Engineering Department and his/her direct Supervisor
- Technical design and preparation planning implementation and supervision of construction and shelters /WASH activities.
- Responsible to design project plan and shelters/Latrines design in Auto cat program
- Supervising of the construction of shelter/Latrines activities/quality and quantity
- Responsible to record all facts and transactions such as starting date work suspension or any technical changes in the construction of shelters/latrines in details on the project report
- Assist to prepare technical parts of project proposals and reports writing progress reports within deadlines as required
- Checking and controlling all recorded shelters and WASH documents
- Supervising field staff skilled and unskilled labor and verifying daily attendance record.
- Estimating and costing of all shelters /WASH activities in the field.
- Assist to development of monitoring system to ensure precise information on staff activity on each site and districts project progress quality and quantity of materials used quality of work.
- Having close contact with the local authority and community representatives regarding their participation with the new shelters/Latrines being constructed and motivates them for further maintenance.
- Responsible to submit the project progress report to the Project manager (Quality and Quantity).
- Daily monitoring of the shelters/latrine construction activities and updating the project manager on a daily basis.
- Regular monitoring/supervision of ongoing activities in districts on shelter/latrines construction issues.
- Develop tools for data collection and data analysis.
- Organize regular meetings with government line departments and other relevant committee and stakeholders
- Prepare quality reports (weekly monthly and quarterly) and submit to project manage.
- Keep and update the filing system regularly.
- Establish a good working environment with project staff and other actors in the field.
- Participate in internal project staff coordination meetings.
- Carry out other tasks assigned by the Project Manager.
- Bachelor degree from Civil engineering or relevant faculty of a well-known University.
- Documented experience in community development projects/WASH as engineer.
- Experience in assessment of water supply and irrigation projects required.
- At least four years’ experience of working as an engineer for pipe scheme projects in NGOs/INGOs/Ministries and UN agencies.
- Priority will be given to the local candidate
- Be ready for any changing and transferring of duty station
- Ability to work under pressure at project sites
Those who fulfill the above mentioned criteria should send their updated CV through Jobs.af online application, by clicking on the below link:
Please do not send heavy size documents (i.e. Tazkira, Education documents, and work certificates)
Only shortlisted candidates will be call for the next stage of recruitment.
If you face any technical problem while applying to this position please contact to Jobs.af team through WhatsApp 0773020100.