Activation Date: 24 May, 2021 Announced Date: 24 May, 2021 Expire Date: 02 Jun, 2021
About GIZ Construction Section/ G230 Afghanistan:
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ operates throughout Germany and in more than 120 countries worldwide. Our registered offices are in Bonn and Eschborn. We have more than 19,500 staff members around the globe, some 70% of whom are employed locally as national personnel.
With an international remit and a multicultural working atmosphere, we are successful because we share knowledge across disciplinary frontiers. Your professional and personal development is important to us. Whether it is the multifaceted day-to-day challenges or the considerable scope for applying creativity in your work – there are plenty of good reasons to join our motivated team.
Tasks / Scope of work:
- Execution of regular site visits (three calendar days per week or more depends on condition of projects) for supervision, quality, and time management of the present commissioned and upcoming (subject to change) IDPP projects in Herat Province.
- IDPP projects In Herat province.
- Preventing construction defects, observing the construction quality and progress, taking photos on a daily base, measuring the quantities, establishing a measurement together with the construction companies, giving advices to the company for improvement and rectification, preparing monitoring reports.
- Reviewing the drawings and BoQ of the project and comparing it with the actual work, finding applicable solution for the problems with close cooperation and coordination with project responsible engineer and the group G230 – Building in International Cooperation.
- Preparing weekly monitoring report, sending photos to the project responsible engineer and inform to him about any issues and developments from the site
- Collecting and checking the company daily progress reports, sending the scanned and hard copies to the group G230 – Building in International Cooperation.
- Final inspection of the project in close cooperation with the project responsible engineer, the Afghan partner departments, IDPP team and the group G230 – Building in International Cooperation.
- Preparing site assessments for – at present not foreseen – upcoming construction requests in the Herat Province, on short notice.
- University degree in civil engineering or Architecture
- Minimum of three years’ experience working on construction sites as project engineer/supervisor.
- Site management experience under challenging conditions.
- Experience with structural calculations and design for civil engineering.
Other experiences and skills:
- Fluent in Afghanistan official languages (orally and written)
- Fluent in English (orally and written)
- Solid AutoCAD and MS Project knowledge
- Competent with MS Outlook, Power point, Word and Excel
- Ability to work efficiently and independently under pressure and considerable time constraints
- High communication skills
You are kindly requested to send your CV and letter of motivation with complete contact details to our office through the following email address:
Email: [email protected]
Note: Your application and subject line must contain
“Site Engineer – Short term expert (STE)” Vacancy Announcement Number), Otherwise your CV ‘s will not be considered.
Please do not send us your working certificates, educational certificates or any other additional documents while you are applying for the post. We will ask you for these documents if you are selected for the next steps of recruitment.
Only those candidates will be invited for written test or interview who meets the qualifications and requirements for the mentioned job vacancy.
For more information about German Cooperation with Afghanistan and GIZ Afghanistan Projects, please visit our websites: