Activation Date: 02 Jun, 2021 Announced Date: 02 Jun, 2021 Expire Date: 09 Jun, 2021
About Medica Afghanistan:
Medica Afghanistan (MA) is a non-profit, non-governmental national women’s organization. We support female survivors of gender-based violence and women and girls in conflict with the law through legal aid, mediation, psychosocial counseling, and advocacy. Headquartered in Kabul, we operate in Kabul and in the north and west regions of Afghanistan through our offices in Balkh and Herat.
MA is a feminist organization which works to advance gender equality and supports inclusion and empowerment of women and girls including through recovery and healing from injustices and violence by individuals and society. It is our aim that feminist principles are also reflected in our ways of working as an organization.
To provide social work support for women who has family disputes and support to incarcerated women, whose cases are being dealt with by MA’s defense lawyers, and to conduct all necessary follow-up work before and after the clients’ release, in order to re-settle them successfully back into the Family and community.
- Participating in all training and networking activities, as agreed with the line-manager
- Reflect and apply lesson learned from internal/external workshops, and trainings.
- Keeping comprehensive records of all clients in data base and hard copies, in accordance with LAP record keeping formats and procedures
- Contributing to team work and team development, supporting colleagues in the implementation of tasks, in order to make tangible progress on clients’ cases
- Providing regular feedback to LAP’s Project Manager, as well as to the LAP team, on cases undertaken for monitoring and evaluation purposes
- Participating in inter-disciplinary case conferences involving Medica -Afghanistan projects
- Attending in the meetings, workshops, seminars, trainings for improving knowledge and be in the picture of any changing of women and children life
- Provide monthly/weekly and quarterly report on the progress of cases and all the achievements and challenges she observes during performing of tasks
- Providing awareness on women’s rights based on Sharia and social development
- Participate in the team weekly meetings
- Participate in case conferences and share information on casework with MA’s Projects
- Liaise with the Advocacy and Women’s Rights Team on a regular basis to keep abreast with developments in advocacy meetings based on Advocacy strategy.
- Refer cases to other organizations based on clients’ needs.
- Visiting detention center, to take new cases and interview with clients under supervision of Social worker.
- Visiting prison and JRC to find clients’ needs and inform them about the progress of their case under supervision of social worker.
- Collecting information for the benefits of children cases to submit to the Juvenile court
- Follow up their cases regularly during the judicial process or after release.
- Refer the women to appropriate agencies and institutions according to their needs such as: medical facilities, specialized organizations providing job training and opportunities to women.
- Reintegration of clients who are in prison with their family members, if that has been identified by the client as a need
- Abidance and enforcement of the security rules outlined in the Safety & Security Management Plan.
- Bachelor degree in sociology, law or sharia law.
- Minimum of two years of experience on providing social works
- Experience on working within community
- Commitment to women’s rights Experience in advocacy on Women’s Rights at the community level
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to communicate well at all levels
- Has a non-judgmental approach in her relationship to women clients
- keen to learn new topics, methods and skill related to her job and being able to improve her performance accordingly
- Fluent in Dari (both verbal and written)
- Ability to write comprehensive reports
- Basic knowledge of English
- Has good negotiation and facilitation skill
- Behave as a professional person
- Being active
- being Flexible for changes and innovations
- Being creative
- Being supportive to the colleagues
Applications should be submitted through e-mail to this address: [email protected]
Note: All applicants must write the position title in the subject line Social Worker Associate