Activation Date: 25 Mar, 2021 Announced Date: 25 Mar, 2021 Expire Date: 01 Apr, 2021
The National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA), Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received four grants under the Agriculture and Natural Resources (ANR) sector portfolio of ADB. NWARA has established a Central Program Management Office (CPMO) to centralize and streamline the activities under these grants. The CPMO handles procurement, project administration, contract management etc. for the projects financed under the Grants.
The Panj-Amu River Basin Sector Project (P-ARBP), 2017-2022, is a follow-on to EU-financed interventions in the Panj-Amu basin carried out over the last 10+ years. Financed by ADB and the EU, the project’s aim (impact) is per-capita income increased and poverty among rural and pastoral communities reduced. The project’s outcome is agricultural productivity in the Panj-Amu River Basin increased. This is to be achieved through the implementation of three outputs: (i) Water allocation and availability improved; (ii) Command areas enhanced; and (iii) Watersheds properly managed and protected.
The project will increase agricultural productivity in the Panj-Amu River Basin through improving access and use of water at farm, scheme and river levels. Objectives will be achieved through three outputs:
Output 1 (managed by NWARA) – Water allocation and availability improved: works at main canal level; setting-up and strengthening water user associations (WUAs); building the capacity of MEW, River Basin Agency (RBA) and Sub-basin Agencies (SBAs).
Output 2 (managed by MAIL) – Command areas enhanced: secondary and tertiary canal works; setting-up and strengthening irrigation associations (IAs); improving on-farm water management and agronomic techniques.
Output 3 (managed by MAIL) – Watersheds properly managed and protected: restoration and protection of watershed and/or rangeland sites including creation of catchment management associations.
Under the supervision of the PIO Manager, the Supervision Engineer will supervise the implementation of all civil works carried out by PIO in order to be in accordance with design documents technical specification and QA/QC manual. The Supervision Engineer will report to PIO Manager, Project Manager, Deputy Program Director and Program Director.
The Supervision Engineer will deliver but not limited to the following tasks:
- He/ She will prepare relevant reports and would take additional relevant responsibilities as proposed by the PIO Office.
- Ensure all civil works carried out by the contractors are in compliance with design drawings specifications QA/QC and environmental & safety requirements of Program.
- Ensure that the civil works are carried out in compliance with the environmental and social safeguards policies and requirements of program.
- Oversee the construction submittal process including materials and plans
- Take part in solving on-site problems between Contractor and Community
- Review check and certify laboratory test results variation orders and bill of quantities
- Use site journal and recording his/her observation and comments on project
- Check invoices prepared by the contractors and ensure their timely submission
- Prepare project punch list & variation documents
- Ensure reporting of accurate percentage of work completed
- Ensure that timely and accurate progress reports invoices variations orders site orders are prepared and submitted by the contractors
- Prepare site inspection reports & measurement books
- Assist PIO Manager in preparation of specific reports plans estimations and other technical issues as and when required.
- Organize periodic tripartite site meetings between the supervision team, contractor and WUA / CDC to review the construction progress and resolve local problems if any
- Other duties assigned by his/her supervisor, PIO & CPMO management.
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, hydraulic structures or the related fields
- A background in the preparation of mapping for engineering project is needed
- At least minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of supervision of construction irrigation projects, design of irrigation and hydraulic infrastructures project, QA or QC engineer at construction project…
- Fluency in the English language is preferred.
- Ability to use computers and have the knowledge of MS Office, Auto CAD, water CAD, GIS, etc.
- Familiarity the use of modern survey instruments.
- Familiar with the project management cycle, supervision and monitoring of the works.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal guidance and lead and guide others
- Fluent in Dari and Pashto.
- Working knowledge of English language (read, write and speak);
The interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to the following email address [email protected] not later than 01-04-2021. Please indicate the position title and reference no. in the e-mail subject line.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.