Activation Date: 02 Jun, 2021 Announced Date: 02 Jun, 2021 Expire Date: 12 Jun, 2021
About World Vision International:
World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than 15 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and wellbeing of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities.
There are five strategic sectors that World Vision Afghanistan is focusing upon in order to achieve this: Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition, Education, Child Protection, WASH and Livelihoods.
World Vision Afghanistan is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees, volunteers, and all its affiliates to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. WV takes diligent measures to screen out all people who might seek to use WV to harm children or adult beneficiaries, or whose past actions indicate an unacceptable risk of such harm. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedures include extensive identification checks and an appropriate criminal record/police background check and disclosure of criminal records prior to employment or engagement with WV in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent
WVA has been one of the main education partners with Afghan Ministry of Education (MoE) since 2002. WVA education programming provides humanitarian, recovery and development projects to vulnerable out of school children (OOSC) who are affected by conflict/natural disaster, got internally displaced or are returnees from neighbor countries in remote and hard to reach areas. Education in Emergencies (EiE), Community Based Education (CBE), Youths’ Education, Teacher Training for community based and public schools teachers, School Improvement Plan (SIP) and School Construction are the main components WVA Education Programme.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To effectively administer purchase process in line with World Vision’s procedures in order to support timely implementation of World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) Programs/Projects that will have the greatest impact on process improvement, simplification, standardization and cost containment thus ensuring the achievement of the Child Well Being Outcomes.
- Understand the SCM’s business requirements and apply in the day-to-day work
- Facilitate annual procurement planning sessions with key stakeholders
- Consolidate and report on the Procurement Plans
- Review and update Item Catalog prior to the planning process activity
- Advise and familiarize Operations with the use of the Item
- Link Purchase Requests to Procurement Plans and priority of purchases -High Value/Urgently Needed requirements
- Advise on Market Assessment and Supplier Pre-Qualification process as per the direction from Coordinators and SCM Manager.
- Prepare use appropriate Market Solicitation tools: – RFQ/RFP documents, sending bid invitations, follow-up of bids, assist coordinating pre-bid meetings as per the direction from Coordinators and SCM Manager
- Maintain all supporting documents relating to the Sourcing Events based on the document management Supervise the Sourcing events Filed Offices and Assistance work relating to sourcing.
- Preparation of Procurement Committee submission documents based on the direction given by the Coordinators / SCM Manager
Supplier Contract and Relationship Management
- Accurately complete the master data management form (contract/supplier/ item register)
- Manage record keeping for all contract-related correspondence and documentation (Master Data Management).
- Communicate contract-related information to all stakeholders to ensure optimum usage of contracts.4. Collect feedback on supplier performance as per the established SPM guidelines.
- Advise on the RFP/RFQ process for spot buys as required
- Liaise with Finance to resolve supplier inquiries
- Release POs to suppliers for spot buys and assigned categories.
Data Management, Analysis and Reporting
- Collect and organize data from projects and business units.
- Analyze and check data for accuracy and produce the required reporting output in accordance to the Policies / Procedures & Guidelines as set by WV
- Prepare weekly/monthly procurement status reports in order to update the customers and other stakeholders.
- Perform Daily reconciliation exercises of all records and transactions performed within the same day and ensure that data validation, integrity and accuracy of data is meticulously maintained.
- Consolidate all findings and convert them into useful formats as provided by SCM Manager
Process, Procedure and Policy
- Work with senior SCM teams to manage Internal customer satisfaction
- Collect data to support performance scorecard reporting (i.e., KPIs)
Control and Compliance
- Maintain proper filing and record keeping as per the guidelines set by the management.
- Complete Any other assignments from Direct Supervisor.
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- Certification diploma in business management, Accounting / Procurement and logistics
- One year of experience in Procurement and Logistics or Accounting field
- Experience in working with international NGO/IGOS
- Experience in Procurement in Grants
- Knowledge of Operating S2P System(Provision)
- Fluent in English and Dari
- Technologically savvy
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Ability to analyze and report on Supply Chain Management and financial metrics
- Good Understanding and ability to perform of Local market analysis, supplier evaluation, total cost of ownership analysis, category strategy development & implementation
- Good communication skills
- Technical skills in computing and using standard software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Internet)
- Proven problem analysis and decision making skills
- Ability to work in a team
The application closing date is 12-Jun-2021. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter outlining how you meet the job requirements by email to [email protected]
Please write on the subject of your Email the Vacancy Number (WVA1118) also avoid sending an attachmentof big size (above 1024 KB) if you want your application/CV to be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
Local candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
به کاندیدان محلی(منطقه) ارجحیت داده میشود
را در عنوان ایمیل خود ذکر کنید (WVA1118) لطفا کد اعلان کاری
Applications with insufficient, incomplete and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered.
Phone +93 402231174 | Mobile:+93 799 838 452
Please kindly note: As a mitigation measure, and in order to prevent COVID-19 from spreading, during this time we would not be able to receive hard copies of CVs / Applications. We kindly encourage you to apply online.
منحیث یکی از تدابیر پیشگیرانه و برای جلوگیری از انتشار ویروس کرونا، در جریان این مدت، ما نمیتوانیم درخواستی ها و خلص سوانح شما را به شکل چاپی دریافت کنیم. از همه شما خواهشمندیم تا از طریق آنلاین درخواستی خود را برایمان ارسال کنید