Activation Date: 26 May, 2021 Announced Date: 26 May, 2021 Expire Date: 09 Jun, 2021
About AKHS-A (Aga Khan Health Service-Afghanistan):
Aga Khan Health Service, Afghanistan (AKHS,A), an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), is a long-term partner of the ‘Ministry of Public Health, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan’ for the implementation of “Basic Package of Health Services” in three provinces (Baghlan, Bamyan and Badakhshan), and implementation of Essential Package of Hospital Service (EPHS) in Badakhshan and Bamyan province. AKHS-A is implementing three Community Midwifery Education Program Schools each in Bamyan, Badakhshan and Baghlan.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Conduct daily ward rounds for support to MDs, observation and review of patients.
- Run specialist clinics on a regular basis.
- Regularly monitor patients’ progress and provide documentation.
- Attend to emergency cases when necessary and be on 24 hrs call.
- Carry out routine and emergency surgical operations and other procedures.
- Ensure complete daily documentation of patient case notes/files
- Ensure complete discharge, referral and feedback procedures for patients
- Counsel patients and relatives on health management.
- Maintain regular contacts with heads of other departments to ensure harmonization of patients’ management.
- Review and develop appropriate policies and procedures for patients’ health care to formulate best practice guidelines based on EPHS.
- Ensure timely availability of required support services in the process of treating patients, particularly when referred to other specialists.
- Liaise with other consultants on handling specialized cases in provision of patients’ health care.
- Prepare timely and accurate medical reports, audits and mortality reviews.
- Ensure medical records activities are effectively implemented
- Teach other health care providers/MDs about specific techniques of medicine services.
- Ensure effective management of surgical wards and Surgical OPD clinic.
- Observe and comply with environmental health, occupational safety and Infection Prevention measures and regulations.
- Availability in the night duties as scheduled.
- Observe any situation for preventing infections.
- Any other duties assigned by Clinical Director
SPECIFICATIONS (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS):
At least 3 years’ Experience in the clinics
Fluency in English and Local Language(s)
Qualified applicants who are exactly suitable with above criteria are requested to send their Applications + CVs and clearly mention the job title and vacancy number in the subject line: (BDK/Surgeon-Specialist/002) otherwise their application will not be considered.
Aga Khan Health Service, Afghanistan strives to promote diversity as well as provide an equal employment opportunity to each candidate, regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, language, marital status, origin, political affiliation, religion, sex, or social status’.
Aga khan Health Service- Afghanistan is an equal opportunities employer. Female are encouraged to apply.