Activation Date: 23 May, 2021 Announced Date: 23 May, 2021 Expire Date: 01 Jun, 2021
About Ministry of Mines & Petroleum:
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and accountable fiscal regime.
The Database Application Developer’s role is to develop and maintain business critical databases and applications, initially focused on the MoMP priorities. The individual will be responsible for ensuring that the functionality of the systems that might be developed meet current and future needs. The position is responsible to development of information systems and IT services in the ministry.
Main Responsibilities/Key Tasks:
- To work within the IT Department for developing and enhancing the System;
- To design, develop, test and implement systems as required;
- Reporting according to the gathered data;
- Utilize appropriate methodologies for design and development;
- Design and deploy data table structures, forms, reports, and queries;
- Hand coding to agreed standards, maintaining relevant coding conventions;
- Perform sufficient testing and consultation with end users throughout development;
- Maintain high levels of data availability, usability and security;
- Identify coding issues and provide fixes where necessary;
- Monitor database performance, diagnose and resolve access and performance issues;
- Maintain up to date awareness and make recommendations regarding relevant data protection and information governance issues;
- Optimize and maintain legacy systems;
- Implementation of appropriate user access levels;
- Liaise with technical IT staff regarding backups, server configurations and upgrades;
- Development and maintenance of database stored procedures, views and functions for hosted web applications;
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and procedures and suggest solutions to problems;
- Understanding of security for internet-facing systems;
- Developing systems to ensure they are resilient to cross-site scripting and SQL injection attacks;
- Research and implement appropriate methods of importing and exporting data between both internal and external applications and third parties;
- Develop technical and training manuals;
- Gather user requirements and identify new features;
- Ensure all database systems meet business and performance requirements;
- Take responsibility for quality assurance throughout internal systems;
- Produce and maintain documentation including user guides for all systems;
- Keep abreast of developments in technology and ensure these are embraced in any new system developed as well as maintaining existing skills and knowledge;
- Any other tasks assigned by MoMP.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Technology (Master’s degree will be preferred)
- At least five years of practical experience in software design, development, database administration and programming
- Experience in managing the development and maintenance of software applications and MIS for larger organizations.
- Excellent knowledge of data migration and ETL tools
- Knowledge of software testing including both automated and manual
- Familiarity with open-source software would be an advantage
- Knowledge of software development, user interface and web applications;
- In-depth understanding of data management;
- Excellent analytical and organization skills;
Applicants are requested to submit a complete application package which must include all required documents (provided below) to [email protected]
Your email subject must be: MoMP/GIZ/ System and Database Development Specialist
A current resume or curriculum vitae and Education certificate/diploma.
Note: IN ORDER TO HAVE YOUR APPLICATION CONSIDERED, YOU MUST SUBMIT A COVER PAGE ALONG WITH YOUR CV.
Human Resources Department, Development Projects HR Unit, 4th floor, Main Building Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP), Abdul Haq Square.
For more information please contact, Kh. Abdul Naim Latifi (Development Projects HR coordinator)
Contact No: +93700162526