Activation Date: 26 May, 2021 Announced Date: 26 May, 2021 Expire Date: 08 Jun, 2021
About Turquoise Mountain:
Turquoise Mountain is a non-profit, non-governmental organization specializing in urban regeneration, business development, and education in traditional arts and architecture. We seek to provide jobs, skills, and a renewed sense of national pride to Afghan men and women. Since 2006 Turquoise Mountain has cleared 35,000 cubic meters of rubbish from the streets, restored 150 historic and community buildings, created a primary school and a clinic, and installed water, electricity and sanitation through the historic traditional craft neighborhood of Murad Khani in the old city of Kabul. It has created the internationally-accredited Institute for Afghan Arts & Architecture, training the next generation of craftsmen and women in woodwork, jewelry and gem cutting, calligraphy and miniature painting, and ceramics. Finally, it has sold over US$ 6,000,000 of Afghan artisan products internationally.
The Turquoise Mountain Institute for Afghan Arts and Architecture (TMI) is an independent, non-governmental, not-for-profit vocational training institute established in 2006, providing high-quality training across four schools: calligraphy & miniature painting, woodworking, ceramics, and jewellery and gem-cutting. The Institute is registered with the Afghan Ministry of Education and is also accredited with City & Guilds, a UK-based vocational training body. The Institute is funded by the Trust but is overseen by its own Board of Directors.
- Prepare the curriculum and teach technical drawing and technical math
- Improving the student’s skill and ingenuity.
- Provide course outline and chapters to students.
- Monitor students’ behaviour during classes.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly teaching plan.
- Prepare and distribute material for classes.
- Keep record of teaching activities.
- Monitor the proper use of drawing tools.
- Assist in designing any woodwork projects.
- Work directly with Carpentry Teacher.
- Support any ongoing or new training programs as directed by management.
- Work on improving his/her own teaching and professional capacities.
- Any other relevant task assigned by the head of Department or TMI authorities.
- Must have at least bachelor’s degree.
- At least 4 years of teaching experience.
- Knowledge of technical drawing and technical math.
- Ability to teach courses on the collegiate level.
- Ability to teach effectively using a variety of methods, relate to students and facilities.
- Good communication skill.
Candidates should submit their CVs with Cover Letter to: [email protected] by no later than June 08, 2021. In the subject line of the e-mail, please mention – Technical Drawing and Math Instructor + last name.
Kindly combine CV and Cover Letter as one pdf document and avoid sending us certificates and other heavy sized documents.