Activation Date: 30 Mar, 2021 Announced Date: 30 Mar, 2021 Expire Date: 14 Apr, 2021
About Mercy Corps:
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
Mercy Corps works in places of transition, where conflict, disaster, political upheaval, or economic collapse present opportunities to build a more secure, productive, and just communities. Providing emergency relief in times of crisis, we move quickly to help communities recover and build resilience to future shocks, and promote sustainable change by supporting community-led and market-driven initiatives. Recognizing both the great potential and the complex challenges faced by Afghanistan, since 1986 Mercy Corps has been implementing a range of humanitarian assistance and development programs tailored to the specific needs of the country and of those communities where we work.
Mercy Corps has been working in Afghanistan continuously since 1986 with a large portfolio of programs addressing the promotion of sustainable licit livelihoods, agriculture development, youth vocational training, Renewable Energy and natural resource management; it has helped more than 2.5 million Afghans through these wide-range of community–based agriculture and economic development programs. Mercy Corps is working in Kabul, Kandahar, Helmand, Uruzgan, Herat, Takhar, Badakhshan, Parwan, Baghlan,,Samangan, Balkh and Nangarhar.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, colour, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct eLearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
General Position Summary:
The Warehouse Assistant will ensure smooth operations of MC warehouses and manage the receipt, dispatch and inventory keeping of all goods that entered into the storage facilities. Through implementing Mercy Corps Warehousing procedures, the Warehouse Assistant ensures that all inventories will be accounted for in accordance to MC and donor requirements. The Warehouse Assistant will work within the Logistics department of Operational Support structure, committed to provide reliable and compliant support to program activities in order to achieve efficient service to program beneficiaries.
Essential Job Functions:
- Follow the Mercy Corps Warehouse Policy and Procedures Guidelines
- Daily coordination of MC logistical, warehouse procurement activities;
- Ensure the timely delivery of supplies to respective Projects with the coordination of procurement department and MC transport pool.
- Has a full understanding of MC warehouse policies and formats. Assists, as needed in training staff on these policies and forms;
- Maintain the inventory and prepare the reports on a daily bases;
- Travel to field sites to receive and inspect goods delivered directly to the field;
- All other activities to ensure the smooth warehouse operation;
- Ensure training materials and kits are recorded and distributed to the programme team according to each VTC; records should be also kept according to equipment/training materials allocated for each VTC
- Interacts with suppliers in the receiving and inspection of goods – issues GRNs.
- Receive the goods as per the description on the purchase order/request. Inspects goods upon delivery and rejects inadequate, broken, lower quality and other items not meeting the requirements of the order;
- Dispatch goods from the warehouse using appropriate MC procedures, Store Release forms, Waybills and update Stock Records.
- Prepare report of monthly stocks, end of grant stocks, fiscal year physical counts and other physical counts, as instructed by supervisor.
- Display bin cards on each item in the warehouse;
- Maintain physical and electronic copies of inventory, as per formats and forms provided in the Warehouse Manual ;
- Coordinate with the Operations Manager for transportation arrangement for dispatches ;
- Generate the commodities movement way bills and gate passes.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in Afghanistan.
- Other duties as assigned.
Accountable to Mercy Corps Warehouse Policy and Procedures.
Reports Directly To: Operations Manager
Works Directly With:
- Operations manager
- Logistics officer, truck drivers
- Program staff
Knowledge and Experience:
- 2 years experience in store keeping or related field.
- Basic computer skills in MS Office applications
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
If needed, should work after hours or on weekend, arrange the goods in the warehouse by himself.
While sending your CV & Cover letter, please mention the vacancy number and position in the subject line, application received after the closing date and without subject line will not be given consideration. Please include three references from you previous and current supervisors in your CV and make sure that their official email addresses are mentioned in the reference information.
Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview. Interested candidates should send their Application to : [email protected]