Activation Date: 20 May, 2021 Announced Date: 20 May, 2021 Expire Date: 31 May, 2021
About National Water Affairs Regulation Authority :
In accordance with the Decree 36 of the presidential office of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in view of national politics and strategy of the country during 1398, the National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA) has been established from one existing ministry: Ministry of Energy and Water.
The Government of Afghanistan has identified the rehabilitation and expansion of the country’s physical infrastructure as one of its highest priorities for the reconstruction and development of Afghanistan. As part of the basic economic infrastructure of the country, the water sector occupies special prominence in the Government’s development plans. Several major Water sector projects, funded by the National Development Budget and by international financial institutions and donors, are presently under implementation and planning under the general oversight of the National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA).
Given the technical complexity of the Water sector and the particular demands posed by the coordination of the projects that are being funded by various sources, the NWARA assists its administration that will be based in Kabul and will reinforce NWARA in its internal and external activities and projects smoothness and speediness in fulfilling its obligations for water sector development.
General Scope of the job
National Water Regulation Authority will have develop and comprehensive plan for water resources management in country. Conduct water balance analysis of existing and future subproject demand, including cumulative and downstream impacts with adjacent planned development and potential impacts of climate change on water quality and availability. Assess the impact of the dams and irrigation projects performance of the selected sites, for better management of the water.
The overall objectives of the assignment is to support NWARA for better water management over all the country.
- Leads the development of strategy, policy, technical documents and tools focused on water development and management over the country and sectoral programming strategy
- Conduct water balance analysis of existing and future subproject demand including cumulative and downstream impacts with adjacent planned development and potential impacts of climate change on water quality and availability using models.
- Provide technical assistance in the planning and implementation of structural and nonstructural best management practices, designed to restore and protect surface and groundwater quality.
- Apply the IWRM approach in water resources management in five river basin
- Establishing coherent and functional work procedures and data flows between river basin agencies and sub-basin units and NWARA main office
- Develop or implement standardized water monitoring and assessment methods.
- Develop river basin water balance models for better assessment of the water resources
- Develop comprehensive funding proposal for donors to support NWARA in water management
- Develop method for Estimation of conveyance and water use efficiency; Water losses measurement
- Propose recommendations for improving water management practices.
- Report assessment and recommendations as part of the survey reports.
- Prepare a plan of operations for water management improvements.
- Assess local capacity for community led subproject implementation.
- Submit quarterly report on the progress of the water management implementation programs
- Performs any other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by department,
- Prepare project idea, concept note and detailed proposals on the relevant subjects,
- Any other duties requested by the head of relevant department
Master’s degree in integrated water resources management, water resources engineering/Hydraulic Engineers, Civil and Environment Engineering
Minimum 5 years of experience with Bachelor Degree & 3 Years of Experience with Master Degree in the related field
- Fluency in Pashto, Dari and English is required.
- Ms. Office, Arc GIS 10.5.1, WEAP , HEC HMS, and SWAT models
Interested and qualified Individuals who want to apply for the position are required to follow the below instructions:
Write Application Letter explaining your suitability for the position.
Fill NWARA/MSU Job Application Form.
Send your Letter and Application Form, Education certificate and experience document in one single document (PDF). CV is not acceptable only fill the Application letter, Otherwise Cv will be ignored without any consideration.
Indicate Position Title and Vacancy No. on the subject line of the Email.
Only short listed candidates whose education and experiences correspond to the job requirements will be contacted for further steps.
Incomplete and wrong applications will be ignored without any consideration.
National Water Affairs Regulation Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
Download the Application format and Job Application Form from below links: Page number #1 /Application Number #14
The candidates who send their Application Form without any supporting document will be omitted from the process
Applicants can submit their applications hard copies to the following address:
Human Resources Section of National Water Affairs Regulation Authority Support Unit
National Water Affairs Regulation Authority
District #7 Dar-Ul-Aman Road,:
Mohebullah Majrooh +93(0)789777778/775666111
Mohammad Naser Moradi +93(0)744252320