Activation Date: 20 May, 2021 Announced Date: 20 May, 2021 Expire Date: 29 Jun, 2021
About National Water Affairs Regulation Authority :
In accordance with the Decree 36 of the presidential office of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in view of national politics and strategy of the country during 1398, the National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA) has been established from one existing ministry: Ministry of Energy and Water.
The Government of Afghanistan has identified the rehabilitation and expansion of the country’s physical infrastructure as one of its highest priorities for the reconstruction and development of Afghanistan. As part of the basic economic infrastructure of the country, the water sector occupies special prominence in the Government’s development plans. Several major Water sector projects, funded by the National Development Budget and by international financial institutions and donors, are presently under implementation and planning under the general oversight of the National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA).
Given the technical complexity of the Water sector and the particular demands posed by the coordination of the projects that are being funded by various sources, the NWARA assists its administration that will be based in Kabul and will reinforce NWARA in its internal and external activities and projects smoothness and speediness in fulfilling its obligations for water sector development.
The General Water Resources Directorate (GWRD) of National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA) has been recently assigned to undertake widely studies, advanced data analysis, improvement of database system and develop Water Research Technology (Water Quality Lab, Geotechnical Lab, Construction Lab, Soil Mechanic Lab, dam Physical Prototype Modelling). To meet its intuitional mandate, GWRD has carried out internal assessment and identified capacity gaps in multiple areas including surface water, groundwater, Water Research Technology Center and flood management, drought monitoring and forecasting and lack of water information management system.
The General Water Resources Directorate would like to seek its partners support in recruitment of Hydrological & Hydrogeological data analyst interprets data and turns it into information which can offer ways to improve knowledge on hydrological & hydrological statistics and events, thus effecting the decision and making policy accordingly. Hydrological Data analysts gather information from various sources and interpret trends and patterns. Once data has been gathered and interpreted the data analyst will report back what has been found in a comprehensive study. Following are the proposed positions:
- Collecting water quality data in cooperation with other experts in the relevant department.
- Conduct water quality and Analysis data and information on surface and groundwater pollution.
- Provide practical plans and reports to prevent pollution of water resources in the country.
- Assessment and monitoring of points and activities that pollute water resources include industrial parks and product companies in the country.
- Recommend methodologies and solutions to prevent water pollution and suggest appropriate and effective ways.
- Provide comprehensive plans for the water quality management in order to design wastewater treatment plant to prevent contamination and recycling.
- Provide technical and useful ideas for proper and comprehensive management of mineral water production companies.
- Perform Physical, Biological and Chemical test and define parameter of the water quality.
- Analysis water samples and provide reports of the water quality including ground and surface water.
- Perform water quality modelling from the ground and surface water.
- To adjust the performance of analytical results in a professional manner in order to match with WHO standards.
- Calculations and Analysis of the test results and provide appropriate type of charts for the results.
- Provide technical assistant to GDWR for the improvement and establishment of water quality lab.
- Provide a unique procedure/guidelines for the water quality management and laboratories.
- Establishment of META Data and database for the water quality lab.
- Identifying the new technologies related to water quality management.
- Provide technical proposals to improve water quality management to attract resources and fund from the donor’s and stakeholders.
- Help/assist water research technology center related to water investigation, research and water development strategy formulation.
- Coordinate with water research technology center related offices, staff and consultants between various national bodies and ministries as well as national/international consultants.
- Conduct capacity building program for the related staff.
- Give consultant to general water resources directorate regarding water research issues.
- Check, review and feedback to the water studies, reports and other documents.
- Participate in meetings, workshops and conferences while needed.
- Any other duties required by the water resources general director.
- At least Bachelor degree in water resource and environment engineering, environment science, civil engineering, Chemistry, water technology and hydrogeology.
- The Water Quality and Management specialist should have experience of 5 years relevant in the field of laboratory and Water Resources.
- Proficiency in using GIS, Remote Sensing, GMS software.
- Knowledge in relevant computer software such as Ms. Office Hydro access.
- Knowledge of developing training materials, and offer training related to modeling related problems to other staff of NWARA and give presentation and seminars.
- Fluency in Persian, Pashto and English (Writing, Reading and Speaking).
- Having ability for enhancing capacity of other relevant staff.
- Excellent writing, communication and Management skills.
Interested and qualified Individuals who want to apply for the position are required to follow the below instructions:
Write Application Letter explaining your suitability for the position.
Fill NWARA/MSU Job Application Form.
Send your Letter and Application Form, Education certificate and experience document in one single document (PDF). CV is not acceptable only fill the Application letter, Otherwise Cv will be ignored without any consideration.
Indicate Position Title and Vacancy No. on the subject line of the Email.
Only short listed candidates whose education and experiences correspond to the job requirements will be contacted for further steps.
Incomplete and wrong applications will be ignored without any consideration.
National Water Affairs Regulation Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
Download the Application format and Job Application Form from below links: Page number #1 /Application Number #14
The candidates who send their Application Form without any supporting document will be omitted from the process
Applicants can submit their applications hard copies to the following address:
Human Resources Section of National Water Affairs Regulation Authority Support Unit
National Water Affairs Regulation Authority
District #7 Dar-Ul-Aman Road,:
Mohebullah Majrooh +93(0)789777778/775666111
Mohammad Naser Moradi +93(0)744252320