Activation Date: 30 May, 2021 Announced Date: 30 May, 2021 Expire Date: 07 Jun, 2021
About Voice of Women Organization:
Voice of Women Organization (VWO) is an Afghanistan-based non-governmental, non-profit, non-political, and non-partisan organization that specifically strives for the revival of women’s role in Afghan societies through advocacy for women’s rights, their legal and social protection, and their capacity building.
VWO informally established in Kabul in 1998 to run covert schools for girls under the repressive regime of the Taliban, VWO was registered with the Government of Afghanistan as the first women’s organization in the post-Taliban setup. The organization has since carried out scores of projects for the socio-economic advancement of Afghan women and girls. Voice of women organization established a headquarter office in 2004 in Herat province. In the beginning, it focused on women-related matters, and later on, in 2005, VWO established the first women protection center in Herat province.
Currently, the organization is operating in 7 provinces (Herat, Ghor, Farah, Nimroz, Badghis, Daikondy, and Faryab) of Afghanistan having 6 projects with more than 240 employees working toward achieving its mission.
Title: WPC Supervisor
Dept. / Location: Kandahar-Afghanistan
Reports to: Project Manager/VWO’s Senior Program Officer
Description: The WPC Supervisor is responsible to carry out all duties and responsibilities with direct supervision of Project Manager and VWO’s Senior Program Officer.
- Supervise the Women Protection Center (WPC) on daily basis to ensure that the services are provided to the survivors in line with the contractual provision and project activities.
- Ensure the following WPC services are provided to clients: individual counseling, literacy and numeracy classes, life skills Training, advocacy, case management, children’s services, recreation, safety and proper referrals.
- Organize WPC workflow and ensure that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks
- Ensuring that all WPC workers are properly trained for their specific roles
- Scheduling work hours and shifts
- Coordinating job rotation and cross-training
- Providing reports and activity updates to Project Manager
- Maintain a good filing system for WPC in according to the organization’s documentation policies and procedures.
- Ensure proper collecting and providing information of beneficiaries and support them until their stay at the WPC.
- Monitor individual consulting, vocational training, literacy courses, psychological counseling, support from beneficiaries’ problems, provision of services for children and protection from referral cases.
- Ensure regular follow up of the reintegrated survivors by caseworkers.
- Supervise and ensure WPC new clients register to the data-base regularly.
- On call coverage 24/7 during the unofficial time, weekends, holidays as needed/designated/directed by the program.
- Ensure COVID-19 preparedness plan is implement in WPC and alert staff to practice all precautionary measurement.
- Ensure enough PPE items are in place and ultimately used by staff and survivors.
- Perform any other relevant assignments/duties that might be assigned by immediate supervisor
Position Requirements: (Qualifications)
- Bachelor degree in Political law, Sharia Law and having gender degree is preferred
- Minimum 3 years of working experiences in field of supervision.
- Proven experience as supervisor or relevant role in Kandahar province
- Familiarity with organization policies and legal guidance
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Eye for detail and accuracy
- Detail-oriented, well organized and able to adhere to deadlines
- Reliable, with high integrity and strong work ethics
- Ability to work as part of team
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Ability to keep a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to motivate people on her team
- Extensive knowledge of management theory and its practical applications in the workplace
- Good reporting, management and controlling skills
- Have oral and written skills of Dari and Pashto Languages.
Interested candidates who can meet the criteria must send their updated CV to the following email address mentioned in this announcement. Please refuse sending of big size file such of certificates and other extra documents. Keep in mind to write the Vacancy Number (VWO-243) in the subject line of your email, or otherwise your email will reject from resume database, and will not be considered for review.