Activation Date: 06 Apr, 2021 Announced Date: 06 Apr, 2021 Expire Date: 12 Apr, 2021
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last kilometer: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. ACTED develops and implements programs that target the most vulnerable amongst populations that have suffered from conflict, natural disaster, or socio-economic hardship. ACTED’s approach looks beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihoods reconstruction and sustainable development. ACTED is active in 35 countries and implements more than 495 projects a year reaching over 11 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED is working in 14 north, north eastern and East & West provinces of Afghanistan. These provinces are affected by natural and man-made disasters. ACTED is providing relief and emergency assistance to the vulnerable population affected by displacements, conflicts or natural disasters, in the field of agriculture, NFI, shelters, WASH and food security
- Conduct the English training session for the youth participants
- Develop and design the English training curriculum/modules
- Organize weekly, monthly and final examinations for students
- Organize monthly English tests inside the YDC, and assist the YDC Manager in organizing English classroom competitions
- Motivate the youth in the YDC area to join the course
- Report any issue to the Education District Officer
- Cooperate with other YDC teachers to ensure the center is well-run
- Meet with students’ parents
- Encourage students to take active participation attending to YDC
- Maintain a high level of skills through attending any teacher training organized by ACTED
- University degree in English Literature Faculty or studied English language program.
- 2 – 3 years of experience in teaching and classroom management
- Demonstrated good report writing and critical thinking skills
- Excellent Dari, Uzbeki, Pashto, and English language skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer office applications and email
- Should be familiar with the area’s culture, traditions, and sensitivities
- Experience in working with and coordinating with INGOs and other stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural, and communication skills
- Enthusiasm and commitment to improving others’ computer skills opportunities, and at engaging eligible beneficiaries to take part in computer training at YDC
- Able to provide clear and brief monthly reports
NOTE: This position is only for Samangan residence. Other applicants outside the Samangan City will not be considered as ACTED will not provide any accommodation and facility for this position.
Those who fulfill the above mentioned criteria should send their updated CV to below submission Email:
Kindly mentioned Vacancy number, position title along with province name in subject line or your application may not be considered.
Please do not send heavy size documents (i.e. Tazkira, Education documents, and work certificates)
Only shortlisted candidates will be call for the next stage of recruitment.
No CV will received after closing date.